Again, I’m using a recipe I already have, this easy, go-to ice cream recipe, I just added cake mix, sprinkles and chunks of white cake! It doesn’t get any easier than this recipe, no eggs, no cooking, just mix and pour into your machine! I have a Cuisinart ice cream machine I got from my mom a few Christmases ago, I use it ALL the time and totally love it! Best gift ever!
So the first time I made this it was for my son’s cake mix and sprinkles birthday party, but since then I’ve made it a few dozen times, it’s a HUGE favorite at our house! You can make it with or without the chunks of white cake, I personally ALWAYS have chunks of cake in my freezer so it’s easy to add to this ice cream every time!
Cake Batter & Sprinkles Ice Cream
- 2 C heavy whipping cream divided
- 3/4 C cake mix
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 C whole milk
- 3/4 C white cake chunks
- Mix all the ingredients until the sugar and cake mix is dissolved (I let it sit in the fridge, mixing every so often for about 15 mins.)
- Pour into your machine and run for about 30 minx.
- The last 5 mins add sprinkles.
- Pour into a container and mix in the cake chunks.
- Freeze the ice cream 3-4 hours or overnight.
- You CAN eat it right away, but it will be very soft.
This ice cream is a huge hit every time I make it, in FACT I won our neighborhood ice cream social with this bad boy one year. I guess that means we can call it an AWARD winning ice cream, right? I will say this is the one recipe from my son’s party that has made it into permanent rotation, and the ONLY recipe I buy cake mix for!
I’ve been considering trying it with flavors OTHER than white cake mix, yellow cake mix is an obvious choice, but what about german chocolate? I haven’t bothered yet cause lets face it I have a ton of other chocolate ice cream recipes that are AMAZING. Maybe chunks of chocolate cake instead? ohhh and I’ve been thinking about adding some buttercream frosting into the mix as well…