Do you know how many recipes there are out there for “cake batter” this and that? Narrowing down the food was the hardest part. I love truffles, a thick dense center coated in chocolate, right? These are made with a white chocolate ganache base with cake mix added in, and cake mix added to the chocolate coating as well.
Cake Batter & Sprinkles Truffles on a stick
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C cake mix
- 1 C white chocolate
- 2 Tbsp sprinkles
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 4 Tbsp cake mix
- Pour the cream into a sauce pan and bring to a simmer
- In another container stir the cake mix to get out all clumps, set aside.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl and pour the cream over the top.
- let sit for 5 mins then stir smooth
- Stir in the cake mix then mix in sprinkles!
- Cool and refrigerate
- Once firm scoop into small balls and refrigerate
- While your dough balls are chilling, melt the coating white chocolate in your microwave or double broiler. (I like to use my 2 C glass measuring cup because it's tall and narrow and good for dipping.)
- Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely. It will be thick, if you need to thin it down add a LITTLE shortening (very little, you don't want it to be too thin)
- I dipped the end of my sucker sticks into the chocolate and then in my truffle balls (that helps hold them in place)!
- Once they are set (I leave most of the truffles in the fridge and just work with a few at a time so they don't get too soft or warm) then I dip them into the chocolate, shake off the excess and immediately sprinkle on the sprinkles!
- Keep the truffles in the refrigerator until your ready to serve!