This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
We’re nearing the end of National Ice Cream month, I hope you’ve enjoyed all the sweet Ice Cream treats as much as I do! BUT don’t think for one second this means I’m done eating OR SHARING Ice cream treats with you guys! Today’s sweet treat features Blue Bunny Ice Cream! I love homemade ice creams but some treats need the strength you get from buying ice cream, like my Ice Cream Cake, these Choco Taco’s are the same.
Blue Bunny Ice cream containers had a great shape for the sized taco’s I wanted to make, not too big, just right for my kid’s. So we ran by Walmart and I let the kids pick out flavors they wanted to try! My choice was Bunny Tracks, hard to go wrong with peanut butter filled bunnies and ribbons of caramel! Baby Boy picked out Birthday party, I think he liked the bright colors! AND we grabbed some Mini dipped cones while we were there for another easy, sweet, summer treat.
These are easy to make, I think it almost took more time to write out than make them, thus the video. AND super fun cause you can make them in any flavor you want, BUT they are a bit (okay a LOT) messy! I made a video for you guys, super short, and you can see I made a big mess. I will say I tried to make 10 at once and I suggest if you are going to make that many keep all but 2 or three in the freezer while you work on the rest, pulling all 10 out made it messier than it needed to be.
The kids enjoyed these so much I was able to bribe them into cleaning the living room just to enjoy them! AND they are already asking when we can make them again! That’s always a win in my book! I can’t wait to try out more flavors, maybe a frozen yogurt even, or a cinnamon waffle cone? Mmmm I love recreating fun treats because you can personalize it so much. What flavor combo of ice cream/cone/topping would you make a choco taco with?
it's easy to make these homemade choco tacos - homemade chocolate waffle cone with creamy ice cream dipped in chocolate and peanuts for a sweet fun summer treat
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 4 lrg egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- Ice cream - any flavor I used blue bunny
- Chocolate waffle cone recipe
- Chocolate wafers
- Chopped peanuts
- Slice the rounded side off the ice cream, straight through the container
- Then cut half circle "log" into 5-6 slices.
- Lay them out and refreeze
- Mix all the chocolate waffle ingredients together, until smooth
In a waffle cone maker pipe a log of batter into the machine (about 2 Tbsp)
- Cook for about 40 seconds
- Pull out the waffle cone "oval" and place one of the frozen ice cream half circles onto it, and wrap it up
- Place back in freezer, work about 3 taco's at a time, you don't want the ice cream to melt, it will make the waffles too soggy.
- Melt the chocolate wafers and let cool to room temperature, then dip the open ice cream side of the taco into the chocolate, covering all the exposed ice cream.
- Then immediately dip into the chopped peanuts
- Keep frozen until you are ready to serve
More Ice Cream Recipes