I adore soups. Warm, comforting, filling and oh so delicious. I mean seriously veggies, meats, dairy – everything in one dish – the perfect bite. AND even better soups are so easy to make! I make soup probably once a week, so I have a ton of soup recipes to change things up often.
So when we decided to celebrate National Soup Month I knew just which soup to share – my one pot Loaded Baked Potato soup! I mean who doesn’t loved loaded baked potato and in soup form? YUM! I’m just a little obsessed with this one!
But let’s face it – anything made with bacon and bacon grease is bound to be good, right? after you cook the bacon you cook the potatoes and the onions in the grease left – YUM! Seriously so good! Then you not only stir in more onions, sour cream, cheese and of course bacon but you can also top each bowl with more to personalize it!
I think this might be my favorite month of “Celebrating Food” so far! Look how AMAZING all these soups look! I can’t wait to try some of them and add them to my rotation. We have a few new food bloggers you won’t want to miss so click over and check out each of their new recipes!
This loaded baked potato soup recipe is so easy to make and it's all in one pot for easy clean up - it's rich, filling and tastes amazing - the perfect comfort food
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 large potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 3/4 C butter
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 5 C whole milk
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- in a large pot cook the bacon - when it's done pull it out, and cut into strips
- Add the butter to the pot with the bacon grease and melt it
- add the onion, garlic and potatoes and cook slightly
- add the flour, salt and pepper and stir - cooking the flour slightly
- add the chicken broth, milk and cream and bring to a boil
- turn the heat down and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through
- add the cheese and stir
- add the sour cream, the bacon and the green onions and stir
- serve with more cheese, bacon and green onions
Happy National Soup Day! Here are 13 new recipes for you to enjoy from our Celebrating Food Bloggers!
- Loaded Baked Potato soup – Ashlee Marie
- Turkey Meatball Pho – Foodie with Family
- slow cooker chili with dried pinto beans and sausage – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Creations by Kara
- Italian Spinach and Orzo Soup – Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Cheeseburger Soup – Namely Marly
- Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup – Baking with Blondie
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Yellow Bliss Road
- Curried Chicken Noodle Soup – Life Made Simple
- Bacon Clam Chowder – The Baker Upstairs
- Brunswick Stew – Hey Grill, hey
- Cheesy Lasagna Soup – Gather for Bread
- Instant Pot Skinny Beef Soup – Sweet C’s
8 More Soup Recipes from me!
- Clam Chowder
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Creamy Mushroom soup
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken and Sausage mustard stew
- Easy Beef Chili
6 More soup recipes from more amazing food bloggers!
- Pasta E Fagoli soup – The Recipe Critic (this is my son’s favorite soup – I use this recipe all the time)
- Creamy tomato soup – Our Best Bites (one of my all time favorites – I have been making my own take on this recipe for years)
- Zuppa Toscana – The Chunky Chef (I’ve made this 3 times and seriously LOVE IT)
- Creamy White Chicken Chili – The Cookie Rookie (my white chicken chili is crazy spicy, this is more tame and my kids loved it)
- Dill Pickle Soup – The Noble Pig (haven’t been able to bring myself to try it but it has RAVE reviews)
- Lobster Bisque – Sweet and Savory (always wanted to try – haven’t yet)