Candy coated popcorn is ALWAYS popular, and it’s so cheap to make! One capful of kernels makes a ton of popcorn! This is my BIL’s favorite thing from my parties. This cake mix version is pretty darn good!
Cake Batter and Sprinkles Popcorn
- 1 1/2 C guittard white vanilla apeels
- 1/8-1/4 C Shortening
- 1 1/2 C cake mix
- 6 C popcorn popped
- 1/4 C Sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating in the microwave or double broiler.
- Add the shortening to the candy and stir until it is melted.
- Then add the cake mix and stir until it's smooth.
- Spread the popped popcorn out on a cookie sheet and pour the coating onto the popcorn and coat evenly. I used a spatula to stir and fold it all together.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles and let it cool and harden!
You can make it with any candy coating, but the ribbons melt thinner than the buttons and are a great option, you might not even have to use any of the shortening (I still used a bit, but not as much). And while I used sprinkles (duh) you can add nuts, candy (dark chocolate M&M’s are great), candy corn etc…[riview showtitle=always id=64 name=parties tags=cake-batter-sprinkles-party size=150x150 lightbox=0]