I love love LOVE custard based ice creams. So creamy and so delicious, BUT sometimes you want ice cream FAST (or maybe your wary of trying the eggs in the custard). This is the ice cream recipe I first started out with. It’s QUICK easy and can be changed into ANY flavor!
The base is just milk, cream and sugar. Easy peasy! Then add flavoring or extracts (vanilla, mint, almond, etc…) AND for more flavor options add something else, like peanut butter, hot fudge, cake mix, caramel, etc… anywhere from 1/2- 3/4 C of anything. Start with a little and add more, since there is no eggs you can taste it as you mix and decide when it’s enough. Then pop it in the ice cream machine“>ice cream machine!
After the ice cream is done the fun really begins! You can all all sorts of mix-in’s or ribbons of sauces! I like sprinkles, chocolate chunks, crushed cookies, cookie dough balls, english toffee, chopped nuts and homemade marshmallows. Or little ribbons of hot fudge, caramel or marshmallow frosting.
Quick and Easy ice cream - any flavorPrint Pin Rate
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla or a flavored extract
- 1/2 C Flavoring - hot fudge, peanut butter, caramel, cake mix optional
- 3/4 C Mix-in's - chocolate chips, crushed candy, toffee, cookie dough balls optional
- Stir the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla/extract together.
- If your filling/flavoring is something smooth like hot fudge, caramel, chocolate sauce, peanut butter or dry cake mix then mix it until it's dissolved. (sometimes you need to heat it before mixing it in, like the hot fudge or caramel sauce)
- Start with a little and add more, since there is no eggs you can taste it as you mix and decide when it's enough.
- Stir it well and make sure it's still cold, then run it through your ice cream machine according to the directions, about 30 mins
- Stir in any fillings that are chunky, like chunks of chocolate, crushed cookies, sprinkles, nuts, marshmallows, toffee, etc... OR anything that you want to stir in like a ribbon, like peanut butter, hot fudge or marshmallow frosting...
- Serve immediately for soft ice cream and freeze a few hours for firmer ice cream.
Like I said before, easy peasy! My kids love to making random flavors of ice cream. It’s a fun experiment with crazy flavors! It’s FUN!
More Ice Cream Recipes