This recipe is just a twist on regular Rice Krispie treats! Just add a bit of cake mix in with the butter! I used 1 C less cereal than the traditional recipe, cause I the cake batter thickens the goop a bit, and I like mine more goop-y than dry!
Cake Batter & Sprinkles Rice Krispies
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C cake mix
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 C sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and the cake mix.
- Stir until it's all combined and there are no clumps and chunks.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they begin to melt.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a baking dish, any size will do, with parchment paper.
- And top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
- I spray a knife with nonstick spray to help cut them.
Only one recipe to go… Are you excited!!! Have you enjoyed the onslaught of cake batter and sprinkles recipes??? I will say I was pretty sick of cake batter by the time I finished all these recipes.[riview showtitle=always id=64 name=parties tags=cake-batter-sprinkles-party size=150x150 lightbox=0]
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Oh dear those look divine! Awesome recipe!
Thanks!!! It was so much fun trying and coming up with recipes for the party! This one was a hit with the kids, but my favorites were the no bake cheesecake and the ice cream!