This recipe is just a twist on regular Rice Krispie treats! Just add a bit of cake mix in with the butter! I used 1 C less cereal than the traditional recipe, cause I the cake batter thickens the goop a bit, and I like mine more goop-y than dry!
Cake Batter & Sprinkles Rice Krispies
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C cake mix
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 5 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/3 C sprinkles
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and the cake mix.
- Stir until it's all combined and there are no clumps and chunks.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they begin to melt.
- Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix.
- Press into a baking dish, any size will do, with parchment paper.
- And top with remaining sprinkles.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.
- I spray a knife with nonstick spray to help cut them.
Only one recipe to go… Are you excited!!! Have you enjoyed the onslaught of cake batter and sprinkles recipes??? I will say I was pretty sick of cake batter by the time I finished all these recipes.