This is actually one of the very first ice cream recipes I ever made! One of the first recipes on my blog, I’m redoing it and resharing it (cause back then no one read my blog, and you all need this recipe in your life). It totally tastes like cheesecake, and you guys know I love a good cheesecake. So grab your favorite Ice Cream Maker and give cheesecake ice cream a whirl!
It’s great plain, with another dessert, OR my favorite, inside a waffle cone bowl and topped with cherry pie topping and crushed graham cracker crumble. Mmmmm Seriously so good! Any topping you add to cheesecake will tastes great with this ice cream. And it pairs so well with things like my flourless chocolate cake or perfect chocolate brownies and I LOVE it with my peanut butter cookies. It add’s a cheese tang to the desserts.
Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- 1 lrg egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ C whole milk
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest optional
- 1 ½ C heavy whipping cream
Graham Cracker Crumble
- 4-5 graham crackers crushed
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- Beat sugar and cream cheese together until smooth
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Bring milk to simmer, then beat into the cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture back into sauce pan and heat until custard thickens.
- Strain into a bowl, then stir in zest and cream, refrigerate until cold.
- Pour the chilled custard into an ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer's instructions until frozen.
Graham Cracker Crumble
- preheat oven to 375
- Mix everything together
- press into a disk onto a cookie sheet
- bake for 7 mins, then break up and sprinkle onto ice cream. (you can sprinkle on not baked, but I like the texture/flavor better baked)
Even my husband, not a cheesecake fan, love this dessert, cause the flavor is there, but not too strong. Next time I’m going to skip the cherries and go straight to my Caramel Sauce. Maybe I’ll make little graham cracker pie shells too… Seriously the possibilities are endless!
I hope you’ve been enjoying National Ice cream month! TODAY happens to be National Ice Cream DAY, so time to check out what the other fabulous Celebrating Food bloggers have created!
No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream – Like Mother Like Daughter
No Churn Turtle Ice Cream – Summer Scraps
Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake – Butter With A Side of Bread
Cheesecake Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie (here)
No Churn Neapolitan – Tried and Tasty
No Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream – Cupcake Diaries
Coconut Almond Ice Cream Squares – Real Mom Kitchen
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – Jamie Cooks It Up!
Rhubarb Anise Dairy-Free Ice Cream – Happy Food Healthy Life
White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream – Creations by Kara
More Ice Cream Recipes
Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
No-Churn Mud Pie Ice Cream – Creations by Kara
S’more Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
No Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream – Like Mother Like Daughter
Chocolate Ganache Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Cherry Chocolate Ice Cream – Butter with a side of Bread
Creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Nutty Salted Caramel Coconut Ice Cream – Tried and Tasty
Basic Chocolate Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Lemon Curd Ice Cream – Real Mom Kitchen
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Peanutty Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Ripple – Happy Food Healthy Life
The Best Strawberry Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Coconut Ice Cream (Almond Joy Sunday) – Jamie Cooks It Up!
Quick and Easy Base Ice Cream – Ashlee Marie
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches – Real Mom Kitchen
Caramel Toffee Ice Cream pie – Ashlee Marie
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020