A super simple recipe for a delicious frozen pie. Filled with homemade caramel sauce and delicious toffee bits.
It’s no surprise I love ice cream’s. And while this pie isn’t technically ice cream it is frozen and creamy so we call it Ice Cream pie. This frozen dessert is SUPER easy to make, and it’s always a huge hit at parties.
It just needs to be made the day before so it has time to set. I’ve been making it since I was a young girl, and now my kid’s are making it. Simple enough for kids to make, but something everyone enjoys eating.
It uses ingredients you can buy or make, like a graham cracker crust, caramel syrup, stabilized whipped cream (or cool whip if you prefer) and toffee bits. SO it can be super simple or a bit more complicated depending on how much you make from scratch.
Personally I make it all from scratch… I always have caramel sauce on hand so it whips up quickly but honestly it tastes just as good with the store bought stuff, so that’s what my kid’s tend to make it with.
When you mix the toffee bits into the mixture they sink to the bottom, which I don’t mind. BUT if you want them more interspersed you can pour the mixture into the crust without the filling.
Then, while it’s setting in the freezer, you can sprinkle some of the toffee on every 10-20 mins or so until it’s all been sprinkled on. That way the toffee will freeze more in the middle of the dessert. I go back and forth which one I like to do.
So there you go! You can change the sauce, pudding and mix in’s, I have a ton of other flavor combo’s we like to make, but this one is a classic. What is your favorite cold dessert you like to make in the summer? What is your favorite pudding flavor?
Love Thanksgiving recipes and looking for more? I have 43 of my most requested Thanksgiving recipes.
There should be a short recipe video auto playing – if not you can play it in the recipe card. You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie
Graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter melted
Buttery caramel sauce
- 1/4 C light brown sugar light
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 4 oz vanilla pudding
- 8 oz toffee bits with or without chocolate
Graham cracker crust
- preheat the oven to 350
- mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together
- press into a 9 inch pie pan
- bake for 7 mins – let cool
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and corn syrup
- bring mixture to a boil and heat until it hits 240 degrees
- remove from heat and let cool slightly – about 5 mins
- stir in whipping cream
- pour about 2/3rds of the caramel sauce into the bottom of the crust
- Beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form
- Mix the pudding and milk, whisking until smooth and creamy
- add to the whipped cream and mix
- fold in the toffee bits and pour into the crust
- freeze overnight or until firm
- take the pie out about 15 mins before serving so you’ll be able to cut it. Top with the rest of the caramel sauce and extra toffee bits.
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie – made from a fresh pumpkin - November 14, 2019
- Thanksgiving Make and Take OREO Cookie Balls Party – Pumpkin pops - November 13, 2019
- Butterbeer Popcorn recipe and video – 3 ways – crunchy, gooey and popcorn balls - November 8, 2019