A simple recipe for a delicious caramel toffee ice cream pie. Filled with homemade caramel sauce and delicious toffee bits.
How I created this Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie Recipe
It’s no surprise I love ice cream. And while this pie isn’t technically ice cream it is frozen and creamy so we call it Ice Cream pie. This frozen dessert is SUPER easy to make, and it’s always a huge hit at parties.
It just needs to be made the day before so it has time to set. I’ve been making it since I was a young girl, and now my kid’s are making it. Simple enough for kids to make, but something everyone enjoys eating.
It uses ingredients you can buy or make, like a graham cracker crust, caramel syrup, fresh whipped cream (or cool whip if you prefer) and toffee bits. SO it can be super simple or a bit more complicated depending on how much you make from scratch.
Personally I make it all from scratch… I always have caramel sauce on hand so it whips up quickly but honestly it tastes just as good with the store bought stuff (IF you buy the thick quality stuff, not the thin runny stuff), so that’s what my kid’s tend to make it with.
You can pour the filling into the pie crust as soon as it’s done mixing, while it’s a little runny, BUT if you wait just a few mins the pudding starts to set and it gets thick. It’s easier to intersperse the toffee bits evenly at this point so that’s what I do.
So there you go! You can change the sauce, pudding and mix in’s, I have a ton of other flavor combo’s we like to make, but this one is a classic. What is your favorite cold dessert you like to make in the summer? What is your favorite pudding flavor?
Just take me to the Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for ice cream pie, along with links to other recipes like caramel toffee and get straight to this delicious pie – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie
– For the crust – you can go with a store bought crust, just remember they are usually 8 1/2 inches so you’ll probably have extra filling
– I like to make my own caramel sauce – it only takes a few mins. Make sure you use a thermometer so the sauce hits the right temperature – otherwise it could be too thin or too thick.
– Also remember to adjust for your altitude – Being at 4500 ft altitude I adjust my recipes by 20 degrees!
– Water boils at sea level at 212, for me at 192 – so a 20 degree difference. What does water boil at where you live?
– If you are going with a store bought sauce make sure you get a high quality thick sauce, not something super runny. You should have to heat it slightly to make it pour-able.
– It only takes about 3 mins to make fresh whipped cream, which I feels makes a huge difference in flavor. If you sub out for whipped cream take away the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in the recipe.
– You can use any pudding flavor you want, I’ve used vanilla, white chocolate and cheesecake with this pie. For a variation one of my favorites is pistachio (white fudge sauce and mini chocolate chips)
To make this Ice Cream Pie Recipe you’ll need
- 9.5 inch pie pan
- Candy thermometer
- Mixer – hand mixer, or stand mixer whichever you prefer
- Pudding mix (not ice cream)
Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie
If you love these pie recipes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Caramel Toffee Pie you’ll love these other pie recipes!
Love Thanksgiving recipes and looking for more? I have 43 of my most requested Thanksgiving recipes.
To watch me make this ice cream pie in a live cooking show play the video in the recipe card. There should also be a short teaser auto playing for you.
Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie
Graham cracker pie crust
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp Butter melted
Buttery caramel sauce
- 1/4 C light brown sugar light
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 1 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 3.5 oz vanilla pudding
- 8 oz toffee bits with or without chocolate
Graham cracker crust
- preheat the oven to 350
- mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter together
- press into a 9.5 inch pie pan
- bake for 7 mins – let cool – if you want this to be a completely no bake dessert consider freezing the crust instead of baking it.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and corn syrup
- bring mixture to a boil and heat until it hits 240 degrees
- remove from heat and let cool slightly – about 5 mins
- stir in whipping cream
- pour about 2/3rds of the caramel sauce (1/2 C) into the bottom of the crust
- Beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form
- Mix the pudding and milk, whisking until smooth and creamy
- add to pudding the whipped cream and mix – let sit a few min's to thicken up
- fold in most of the toffee bits and pour into the crust – spread out and top with extra toffee bits.
- freeze overnight or until firm
- take the pie out about 15 mins before serving so you'll be able to cut it. Top with the rest of the caramel sauce (1/4 C)
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020