I love peanut butter in my treats, really love it. As a kid our favorite after school snack was a spoonful of peanut butter. Now the idea of a spoonful of peanut butter is pretty over the top, I don’t even like peanut butter sandwiches… BUT Peanut butter and deserts are my favorites. I have been searching for the perfect peanut butter cookie recipe for years.
Then I came across an amazing, and simple peanut butter cookie recipe from Emily at Is This Really My Life. You’ll never have a better peanut butter cookie! I love to add mini chocolate chips to the recipe and I ADORE eating them as S’mores!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 C butter at room temperature
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 C peanut butter creamy or chunky
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C granulated sugar for coating
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and the 1/2 cup sugar and cream together.
- Beat in the peanut butter until smooth
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and combine well. It's more moist than most cookies, so don't go adding a bunch of extra flour to bring it up to a normal dough, it's perfect just the way it is.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 C sugar in a small bowl.
- Take a heaping tablespoon of and form into a ball, I use a #100 scoop.
- Coat the ball in sugar by rolling it around in the bowl.
- Place on a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press the tines of a fork into the balls to create the cross-cross pattern on the top and to flatten the dough just a bit.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, they'll be super soft but will set as they cool.
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020