This Strawberry ice cream is easy to make and incredibly creamy with a bright flavor brought out by the citrus in the recipe.
The Perfect Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
The first time I had this ice cream I fell in love right away! I got this recipe from a cousin at a 4th of July family and I made it every week that summer.
I is a family favorite and always requested. The creamy texture the bright, strong flavor… This rivals my sour cream lemon pie as my favorite summer treat!
I love fresh strawberries, but often I find that recipes based on strawberry puree are a little too fruit roll up flavored. A little too candy vs fresh.
The secret is the Citrus juices! They seriously brighten the flavor without making it too tangy, and it’s NOT tart at all!
And it’s so creamy that you’d think it was custard based, but it isn’t! So it’s super easy to make.
You just blend the strawberries, citrus juice and sugar then stir in the dairy. Then pour it right into the machine so you can have this ice cream within 40 mins (but I personally like to let it set up a bit in the freezer so it’s a little firmer).
Just take me to the ice cream recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks and links to other ice cream recipes and get straight to this delicious creamy strawberry ice cream recipe simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips for making the perfect strawberry ice cream
-to easily measure out the 1 cup of frozen strawberries I first measure out the lemon juice, orange juice and the 1/2 C of the milk in a 2 cup measuring cup. Next I add the frozen strawberries until it goes up by 1 cup!
-blend the mixture with the sugar – to help dissolve the sugar and puree the strawberries – but don’t over blend – it will get really bubbly.
-don’t be tempted add the rest of the cream and milk to the blender – it will make the mixture too bubbly. Instead mix the dairy and the puree with a spoon trying to break up the bubbles from blending the puree.
-If using a freezable ice cream bowl (vs ice) Make sure the ice cream bowl is completely frozen – at LEAST 20 hours before making your ice cream. (I have a double bowl ice cream maker and keep both in the freezer at all times so I’m ALWAYS ready to make ice cream!)
-for a soft serve texture you can eat it as soon as it’s done – if you want a harder ice cream freeze for 4-6 hours.
Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
If you love this Homemade Ice Cream recipes as much as I do, please write a 5 star review and be sure to share on Facebook and Pinterest! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
To make this Ice Cream you’ll need/want:
- 2 C glass Measuring cup
- 1 1/5 quart Ice Cream Maker
- Super cool Ice Cream container
- Awesome ice cream scoop
If you love Ice Cream Maker recipes you’ll want to try these other amazing recipes!
Creamy Strawberry ice cream
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice about 1 1/2 lemons juiced
- 6 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice about 1 1/2 oranges juiced
- 1 C frozen strawberries
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C whole milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Put the lemon and orange juice in your blender, along with the strawberries and sugar
- puree until smooth, adding some of the milk if you need too (don’t break your blender)
- Pour into a bowl and mix in the rest of the milk, salt, cream and vanilla
- Stir it well then run it through your ice cream machine according to the directions, about 30 mins
- Serve immediately for soft ice cream and freeze a few hours for firmer ice cream.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020