My love of cheesecake is well documented! Seriously a rich creamy dessert? always on the top of my list! Today is NATIONAL cheesecake day! YAY! so I had to not only bring you a new recipe but something super fun! I adore pistachios and as a twist a coconut macaroon cookie crust… DANG it’s seriously so good!
I hope you guys are ready for this – seriously if you love pistachios like I do this is the dessert for you. This cheesecake is AMAZING alone, good with chocolate, fantastic with cherry topping and of course add some toasted almonds anytime… (pistachio, coconut, almonds, cherry, chocolate – all things that go together amazingly well!
Pistachio cheesecake with coconut macaroon crustPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 C shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 2 lbs full fat cream cheese softened
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- pistachio paste makes 3/4 -1 C
- 2 lrg eggs
- 1 lrg egg yolk
- preheat the overn to 375
- whisk the sugar, flour and coconut
- add the egg whites and whisk until blended
- pressinto the bottom of a 9 inch cheesecake pan
- bake for 18 mins until the top is golden
- pull out and let cool
- shell the pistachios and pull out any dark brown or golden ones, you want them fresh and green for the best flavor
- soak the pistachios to get off the skins, then lay out to dry
- toast for 5-10 mins if needed (and enhances the flavor)
- place in a food processor and grind until fine
- add the almond flour and grind some more, add the almond extract
- then, while grinding, add the corn syrup until it balls up into a paste, sometimes you'll barely need any, some times you'll need more.
- place a large pan of water in the oven and preheat to 300
- beat the cream cheese and sugar together
- add the almond extract and pistachio paste and beat until the pistachio paste is fully encoporated, scrapping the bottom where the chuncks will fall regularly
- once your happy with the distribution it's time to add the eggs
- add the eggs and carefully, whisk in, JUST until incoporated
- pour over the crust
- bake for about 1 hour 5 mins, maybe more maybe less, test for the outer edges to be set but the inside 6 inches should still jiggle like a jello jiggler
- turn off the oven and prop open the door and let cool for 45 -60 mins
- refrigerate 8 hours to finish setting and serve!
- enjoy plain, with cherry topping or chocolate!
The macaroon cookie base is awesome! I can’t wait to use it for a few other cheesecakes, I’m always looking for new crust options for cheesecakes. Cookies, brownies, etc… more than just crumbled cracker crusts. Not everything works, since it has to be cooked for SO long, but it’s so worth trying new crust options.
AND like all my cheesecakes all the tips and tricks from my post on the perfect cheesecake work for this cheesecake too! Here is a video with those tips and tricks, while the recipe is different the technique is the same – in fact the base of the recipe is the same!
And as it’s national Cheesecake day I have 21 amazing Cheesecake recipes for you from some of my favorite food blogger’s. So click over and check them all out! Do YOU have a favorite cheesecake flavor? I don’t know that I do, I guess it’s always the most recent cheesecake I’ve created.
Ten amazing brand new cheesecake based recipe from the Celebrating food bloggers! These national food holidays are SO much fun! And you know I love all things cheesecake so it’s a PERFECT national holiday IMO!
- Pistachio cheesecake with coconut macaroon crust – HERE – Ashlee Marie
- Pretzel Crusted Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce – Like Mother Like Daughter
- No Bake Nutella Swirl Cheesecake Bars – The Stay At Home Chef
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Dip – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- No Bake Fresh Strawberry Mini Cheesecakes – Real Mom Kitchen
- Berry Cheesecake Brownie Bites – Food Crafts And Family
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites – Butter With A Side of Bread
- Mini Chocolate Mousse Oreo Cheesecakes – Creations by Kara
- Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Cup Mini Cheesecake – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Key Lime Cheesecake – Life Made Simple
MORE cheesecake recipes from ME!
- chocolate peanut butter cheesecake
- salted caramel cheesecake
- dense and creamy cheesecake
- chocolate cheesecake
- mini cheesecake bites
- no bake mandarin orange cheesecake
- no bake cake batter cheesecake
- cheesecake ice cream
More cheesecake recipes you’ll want to try!
- Almond Coconut Cheesecake – Creations by Kara
- Blueberry Cheesecake – Like Mother Like Daughter
- Rocky Road Cheesecake – Butter with a side of bread
- Chocolate Toffee Cheesecake – Jamie Cooks It Up!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Olaf Chocolate covered Caramel Pears - November 19, 2019
- 29 Pumpkin Recipes - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow recipe – copycat Scotchmallows - November 16, 2019