This creamy jalapeno dip is made with pickled jalapenos, cilantro and ranch. It’s amazing plain with tortilla chips or on top of a pulled pork salad, burritos or tamales. I make a double batch and always keep it in my fridge.
I love dips, and salsa’s. Anything with tortilla chips is alright with me. So when my girlfriends took me out to a Tex Mex restaurant called Chuy’s for my good bye meal (when we moved from Houston to Salt Lake City) I just HAD to try the dip my girl friend was raving about… DUDE it was AMAZING! I think I ate an entire bowl myself. I definitely ate more dip than the entree.
As soon as I got settled in our new place I spent the next week trying a ton of different copycat recipes, mixing a few different ones together and finding PERFECTION! ALL my family loves this, my sister, parents and especially the kiddo’s! Baby Boy and The Reader can down a batch just the two of them! I NEVER make a single batch anymore, Always a double or triple batch of goodness!
The Pickled Jalapeno’s are what MAKES this dip so amazing. They are usually in the Mexican section of the grocery store, and usually there is carrot slices and onions in the can too, but I just pull out the jalapeno’s, cut off the stem and toss them into the blender. Word of warning, as you add jalapeno’s to taste I will say the dip get’s “hotter” as it get’s older. It never lasts long at my place so it’s not a big deal but if your making it early for a party or something just keep that in mind.
Creamy Jalapeno dip
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ranch dressing mix 1/2 pkg
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 4 oz green chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 bundle fresh cilantro
- 2-4 pickled jalapeños to taste
- in a blender or food processor blend the mayo, milk and ranch dressing mix (aka homemade ranch dressing)
- Then add everything but the jalapeños and blend until smooth.
- Once your at this stage start adding the jalapeños - start with two then tastes and add one at a time - remember the flavor will get spicier over time
- Chill for a few hours or over night and serve!
- Keep refrigerated.
What’s your favorite appetizer, dip or dish from restaurants?
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020