This Creamy Jalapeno dip is made with pickled jalapenos, cilantro, and ranch. It’s amazing as a dip or served with burritos and tamales.
How I created this Creamy Japapeno dip Recipe
I love dips, and salsa’s. Anything served with tortilla chips or bread is alright with me.
So when my girlfriends took me out to a Tex Mex restaurant called Chuy’s for my good bye meal (when we moved from Houston to Salt Lake City) I just HAD to try the dip my girl friend was raving about…
GUYS it was AMAZING! I think I ate an entire bowl myself. I definitely ate more dip than the entree.
As soon as I got settled in our new home I spent the next week trying a ton of different copycat chuys jalapeno dip recipes, mixing a few different ones together and finally finding PERFECTION!
ALL my family loves this, my sister, parents and especially the kiddo’s! I NEVER make a single batch anymore, always a double or triple batch of goodness!
The Pickled Jalapeno’s are what MAKES this dip so amazing. They are usually in the Mexican section of the grocery store, and usually there is carrot slices and onions in the can too, but I just pull out the jalapeno’s, cut off the stem and toss them into the blender.
Just take me to the Jalapeno ranch dressing recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for this creamy jalapeno dip, along with links to other easy pot luck recipes and get straight to this delicious jalapeno dressing – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Jalapeno dressing
Now you can make this in either a blender or food processor. I found that the blender actually pureed it more and it’s a smoother dressing.
I switched to a food processor and it is more true to the chuy’s jalapeno dip that is left a little textured and so it’s the only way I do it now.
Let’s talk heat – when you first add the jalapenos and add them to your heat preference and taste you need to consider that as this sits in the fridge the heat will get stronger over time.
So I tend to go just past tame, with just a touch of heat day one, and by day 5 (if a triple batch lasts that long at my house) it is HOT. So consider when you’ll be serving it and who will be eating it as you add the jalapenos.
To make this creamy jalapeno dip you’ll need
- Blender or Food Processor – I also have this one that attaches to my hand blender that I love
- Pickled jalapenos – They come whole or sliced and usually with carrots and onions with them (I just pull out the jalapenos) and often in the aisle at the grocery store with Mexican foods
- Cilantro – If you don’t love cilantro you can leave it out, but personally it’s just not the same. In fact, I often add extra to get the flavor I love.
- Something to enjoy this dip/dressing with!!! Chips, tamales, burritos, or straight!
Copycat Chuy’s Jalapeno Dip
If you love these Jalapeno dressing as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love this as Jalapeno dip you’ll love these other dip recipes!
If you love this as a dressing you’ll enjoy serving it with these recipes
To watch me make this Jalapeno dip in a cooking show with other game day recipes play the video in the recipe card. There should also be a short teaser auto playing for you.
Creamy Jalapeno dip
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ranch dressing mix 1/2 pkg
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 4 oz green chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 bundle fresh cilantro
- 2-4 pickled jalapeños to taste
- in a blender or food processor blend the mayo, milk and ranch dressing mix (aka homemade ranch dressing)
- Then add everything but the jalapeños and blend until smooth.
- Once your at this stage start adding the jalapeños – start with two then tastes and add one at a time – remember the flavor will get spicier over time
- Chill for a few hours or over night and serve!
- Keep refrigerated.