Golden and delicious this Graham Cracker crust is the easiest crust you can make for pie or tart.
This is my go to Graham Cracker crust recipe. For cheesecakes, pies and S’more donut topping. It’s easy and tastes AMAZING.
You can use regular honey graham crackers, cinnamon or chocolate for different flavors. I use this crust in my Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Pie.
I also like to use ginger snaps or ground nuts. As long as the ground “crackers” amount stays the same your good! But the classic, basic honey graham cracker crust is always a good way to go.
You can use a food processor to turn the crackers into crumbs… OR manual labor… This is a great job when you want to get your frustrations out, OR a great job for your kids.
My kids are ALWAYS asking to help in the kitchen. So I love finding parts of each recipe where they can participate. Crushing the crackers with a rolling pin and a gallon size freezer bag is a GREAT job!
They can even do the next few steps as well. While the graham cracker crust dough is still in the bag, add the sugar and mix it in. Then add the melted butter and mix it in as well, just kneading through the bag.
Now just pour the moist crumbs into your pie pan (or cheecake pan)
Using the back of a glass or measuring cup spread out the crumbs and pat them down and around the sides. This does get a bit messy AND it’s a little trickier so I do this part myself. But if you have older kids this is part that they can do for you!
Now you’re ready to bake it!
And DONE! What do you think? Are you a graham cracker crust fan? or do you like traditional pie crust? (which I love too).
If you love pie’s and Thanksgiving desserts you’ll love the extra recipes I have in my Homemade Thanksgiving digital cookbook
Graham Cracker Crust RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/4 C graham crackers a full sleeve
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Crush the graham crackers, I use a gallon size freezer bag and a rolling pin
- Add the sugar and mix it in.
- Add the melted butter and knead it (still in the bag)
- Press into your pan and along the sides.
- Bake for 7 mins
- Let the crust cool before filling
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Olaf Chocolate covered Caramel Pears - November 19, 2019
- 29 Pumpkin Recipes - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow recipe – copycat Scotchmallows - November 16, 2019