I love caramel’s, but it’s SO hard to get right! My sister has this AMAZING caramel recipe (I’ll share it someday I promise), what makes it so amazing is how buttery it is. So when I decided to take on caramel sauce I knew it had to have to have the buttery caramel goodness at the base.
I serve this caramel sauce over ice cream, that is if I don’t eat it all first! It’s seriously good straight. A lot of people I gave jars to last year told me they didn’t ever get to try it on ice cream because they tried it and couldn’t put it down. The best compliment a cook can ever receive!
It’s a simple recipe that I usually triple, at least. When I’m making neighbor fits I double my triple batch, what’s that even called, sextuple the recipe? It makes 18 cups that way! Last year I made 2 sextuple batches for 36 cups, enough for me to keep some and cover 30 neighbors and friends.
Buttery Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 C packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 1/3 C butter
- 2/3 C heavy whipping cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugars, syrup, and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Pour into a jar (or jars) and store in the refrigerator.
- It's best served warm.
Man just looking at these pictures and I want to go eat more! It’s great with vanilla ice cream, vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate ice cream and more! I like it on cake and brownies as well, and I’ll sometimes even add it to my hot chocolate! GAH! I hate writing food posts late at night, all I want now is sweets!
Neighbor gifts and goodie plate recipes
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Soft Pretzel recipe – Cinnamon and Sugar sticks - January 29, 2020
- Homemade Fortune Cookie Recipe – Video Tutorial - January 22, 2020
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020