So I love traditional pumpkin pie, but I really REALLY love this cream cheese pumpkin pie. My sister made it a few years ago for me and now it’s all I use! It’s not as heavy as a full pumpkin cheesecake, but it’s creamy with a smooth texture. AND with the swirls on top it’s pretty! Although I think my sister get’s her’s prettier than mine!
The one thing I noticed the last time I made it is that while it looked done on top the center of the bottom of the crust was a little underdone, so make sure you check under your pan, you might need to add a little time. OR check your oven temp. I think mine was a little low this time around (it’s usually high so I tend to go lower on purpose and I think I over lowered it)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat sugar, flour and cream cheese on low until smooth.
- Put aside 1/2 C of the cream cheese in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the rest of the cream cheese mixture except the milk.
- Beat on medium speed, scrapping bowl constantly, until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon over pumpkin mixture.
- Cut though cream cheese and pumpkin with knife in S Shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design.
- Cover edge of crust to prevent burning. Bake 45-60 min (you want just a SLIGHT jiggle in the center). Remove the crust cover during the last 15 min of baking. Cool 30 min. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with fresh whipped cream
What are your favorite pies at Thanksgiving? I have a few on my list! A chocolate fudge, a coconut cream, my sour cream lemon of course, and a chocolate chip cookie pie. I’d love to add a few more to my collection!