This pie has the flavor of a classic pumpkin pie but with an incredible creamy texture from the cream cheese! This pumpkin pie recipe is always a huge hit!
How I created this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
So almost everyone loves traditional pumpkin pie, but I can never eat to much cause the texture kinds gets to me – weird I know. BUT I love the flavor SOOOO enter this cheesecake swirl pumpkin pie.
It’s AMAZING the flavor I love but with a creamy with a smooth texture! My sister made it a few years ago for me and now I make it all the time. AND with the swirls on top it’s so pretty.
AND don’t you LOVE my pumpkin shaped pie pan! IT’S SO CUTE! seriously I love it, although it is a little small, I don’t use all the filling like I do in a standard 9 inch pan. literally only works for pumpkin pie.
What are your favorite pies at Thanksgiving? I tend to make more desserts than I have people at dinner!
In addition to the pies above I also make A chocolate fudge pie and a chocolate chip cookie pie that are both in my Thanksgiving ecookbook.
Just take me to the Pumpkin Pie Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie, along with links to other pie recipes and get straight to this delicious traditional Thanksgiving pie – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Pie
– Even though pumpkin pie takes a long time to bake often the crust is under baked – so I recommend par baking – partially baking – the pie crust
– When partially baking the crust don’t prick the crust first – custard will seep through when you add it
– While this pie shape pan is fun I recommend a glass pie pan – it heats evenly, you can see if the crust is baked and it cools evenly and fairly quickly. Metal overheats and tends to leave to over baked crust and ceramic holds the heat too long and tends to over bake when cooling.
– Don’t over mix the cheesecake swirl – it’s more for the look than the texture. The swirls should sit on top and not sink into the pie.
– I recommend starting with some larger plops, rather than a bunch of small ones before swirling to keep the thick look to them.
– I like to roll out a little extra dough and cut out some leaves to add on top as well.
– To avoid the crust over baking you can cover it with a thin ribbon of foil or pumpkin pie crust shield
To make this Pumpkin Pie you’ll need
- Pie pan – This pumpkin-shaped one is adorable! or a 9 inch glass pan
- A pie crust recipe – my flaky pie crust is great with this pie
- pie crust bag
- french rolling pin
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Tin foil for the edges or pie crust shield
Homemade Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
If you love these homemade pumpkin pies as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love this homemade Pumpkin Pie recipe you’ll love these other Thanksgiving recipes!
To watch me make this cheesecake swirl Pumpkin Pie and three other Thankgiving pies play the video in the recipe card.
Cheesecake Swirl Pumpkin Pie recipe
- 1 flaky pie crust uncooked
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 12 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- roll out the pie crust dough and place it in a 9 inch glass pie pan – chill for 30 mins in the fridge.
- line the crust with parchment or foil and fill with pie weights (or beans or rice)
- bake for 15 mins, then take out the parchment and bake another 5 mins – take out and let cool
- Beat sugar and cream cheese on low until smooth.
- Put aside 1/2 C of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl and add 1 Tbsp – stir until smooth and set aside for later.
- Add the pumpkin, flour and spices to remaining cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth, scraping the sides.
- add the eggs one at a time and beat until just combined
- Pour into crust.
- Spoon the cream cheese/milk mixture over pumpkin mixture in multiple plops – you want it to stay on top, not sink.
- Cut though cream cheese and pumpkin with knife in S Shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design.
- I like to roll out the extra dough and cut leaf shapes and add them to the top. Cover edge of crust to prevent burning. Remove the crust cover during the last 15 min of baking.
- Bake 40-50 min (you want it to still have a jiggle in the center). Cool 30 min then refrigerate overnight. Serve with fresh whipped cream
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020