So almost everyone loves traditional pumpkin pie, but I can never eat to much cause the texture kinds gets to me – weird I know. BUT i love the flavor SOOOO enter this cream cheese pumpkin pie. It’s AMAZING the flavor I love but with a creamy with a smooth texture! My sister made it a few years ago for me and now it’s all I use! AND with the swirls on top it’s pretty!
AND I have a video for you! Not just this recipe but also my Sour Cream Lemon Pie, Coconut Cream Pie AND my Pecan Tart (available in the Thanksgiving ecookbook). YUM! what pies are you making this year?
While I love switching up pie crusts I will say that THIS pie, IMO, is best with a classic flaky crust! AND don’t you LOVE my pumpkin shaped pie pan! IT’S SO CUTE! seriously I love it. although it literally only works for pumpkin pie! I like to roll out a little extra dough and cut out some leaves to add on top as well.
As for the swirls – I would say don’t over swirl – I did that one year and you could barely see them on top – it’s not much it’s more for the look than the texture. The swirls should sit on top and not sink into the pie. I recommend starting with some larger plops, rather than a bunch of small ones before swirling to keep the thick look to them. Also with this pan I stuck with up and down lines to stick with the pumpkin look – but swirls are super pretty too!
- 1 flaky pie crust uncooked
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 11 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Beat sugar, flour and cream cheese on low until smooth.
- Put aside 1/2 C of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the rest of the cream cheese mixture except the milk.
- Beat on medium speed, scrapping bowl constantly, until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon over pumpkin mixture.
- Cut though cream cheese and pumpkin with knife in S Shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design.
- Cover edge of crust to prevent burning. Bake 45-60 min (you want just a SLIGHT jiggle in the center). Remove the crust cover during the last 15 min of baking. Cool 30 min. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with fresh whipped cream
What are your favorite pies at Thanksgiving? I have a few on my list! A chocolate fudge, a coconut cream, my sour cream lemon of course, and a chocolate chip cookie pie. I’d love to add a few more to my collection!