I have two go-to deserts! My Flourless chocolate cake and this Sour Cream Lemon Pie. I love love LOVE this pie. It’s the perfect amount of sour lemon and creamy goodness!
AND I have a video for you! Not just this recipe but all four of my go to pies! This recipe along with my cream cheese pumpkin pie, Coconut Cream Pie AND my Pecan Tart (available in the Thanksgiving ecookbook). Enjoy!
I could eat an entire pie myself in one sitting. And I have! I guard this pie fiercely and I’m known to not share very well. My kids love it so I hide it. Silly huh? I really should let them have it so I can make myself a fresh one when it’s gone! It’s not even than time consuming to make. The only frustration is that it has to setbefore you can enjoy it! It is SO worth it!
Sour Cream lemon Pie Recipe
- Cooked 9 inch pie crust I like the pate sucree
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 3 ½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind grated
- ½ C fresh lemon juice
- 3 lrg egg yolks slightly beaten
- 1 C whole milk
- ¼ C butter
- 1 C full fat sour cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, juice, egg yolks and milk in sauce pan, and cook over med heat until thick.
- Stir in the butter (I use frozen butter to help it cool) and cool to room temp.
- Stir in the Sour cream and Pour into pie shell.
- Refrigerate and serve with Whipped cream. (I usually have my first slice after about 4 hours, but it is definitely more set and better the next day)
I also happen to have the PERFECT pie crust! I make a double or triple batch and plastic wrap and freeze the extra so I have them when I need it! Often I’ll decide at midnight that I need a lemon pie and it’s nice to have this on hand. In fact I keep lemons on hand all the time JUST for a midnight pie creation!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie – made from a fresh pumpkin - November 14, 2019
- Thanksgiving Make and Take OREO Cookie Balls Party – Pumpkin pops - November 13, 2019
- Butterbeer Popcorn recipe and video – 3 ways – crunchy, gooey and popcorn balls - November 8, 2019