It doesn’t get much better than cheesecake – clearly I’m obsessed cause I keep creating new recipes for this decadent dessert. And I often get asked about creating new recipes for cheesecakes – so today I’m sharing a video for how to create your own cheesecake using the example of this Maple bacon cheesecake! Yup – another one of my favorites!
With a classic graham cracker crust this maple cheesecake with candied bacon chunks is topped with a maple, caramel, bacon, pecan topping. Seriously this thing is SO GOOD! I can’t stop eating it! I’m DEF going to be making this one again and again.
So the video is all about creating any kind of cheesecake you want, focusing on how you can personalize the crust, filling, mix ins, and toppings. It’s how I’ve created all my various cheesecake recipes, all based off the original classic cheesecake!
So what do you think? Maple bacon too weird for you? what flavor combo are you excited to try out or create?
- 1 1/4 C graham crackers
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lbs Cream cheese softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- 2 whole large eggs (room temp)
- 1 large egg yolks (room temp)
- chopped candied bacon - 2-4 slices
- 1/4 C butter
- 1/4 lbs brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 10 slices bacon chopped
- 1/4 C cream
- Preheat the oven to 375
- mix all the crust ingredients and toss lightly with fork until well blended.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack until crisp and golden, 12-15 min.
- Let cool.
- Reduce oven to 300 and place baking dish full of hot water on the bottom rack to create moisture (leave this in while baking).
- Beat cheese and sugar on med until light and fluffy, about 30-60 sec.
- Add the vanilla, maple flavoring and maple syrup
- Scrape the bowl, beat 45 sec more - make sure it's smooth with no chunks.
- Add the eggs and yolks and pulse until they are incorporated and the batter is velvety, about 30 sec - do NOT overbeat.
- Pour the filling over crust, sprinkle on chopped bacon and barely blend
- bake on the center rack until golden, about 45 -50 mins.
- When you open the rack and shift the pan the center 6 inches will jiggle more than the rest, like a loose jello jiggler. This is the trick to learn, you might slightly undercook (not bad) or slightly overcook (okay) the first time as you get used to this style.
- Turn the oven off and crack open the door and let the cake cool
- melt the butter and brown sugar and bring to a boil
- add the maple syrup and bring to a boil again
- add the cream and stir until totally incorporated, add the vanilla, bacon and nuts
- pour over the cooled cheesecake and then refrigerate overnight, cheesecake tastes better after a day or two in the fridge.
AND it’s the end of BACON month over here (although I have ONE more recipe coming your way later this week) And all 12 of the bloggers who participated in this month have one last recipe for you! Check them out below (and check out links for the entire month here)
Maple Bacon Cheesecake – HERE
Bacon Chocolate Chunk Blondies With Salted Chocolate Caramel from Cooking in Stilettos
Bacon & Egg Stuffed Baked Potatoes from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Bell Pepper & Bacon Cheese Ball from Bread Booze Bacon
Spicy Bacon Whiskey Soda from Nomageddon
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Grilled Tomatoes from Hey Grill, Hey
Jalapeno Popper Mac & Cheese from A Dash of Sanity
Chocolate Caramel Bacon Milkshake from Around My Family Table
Bacon Waffle S’mores from A Simple Pantry
Skillet Breakfast Potatoes & Bacon from Kleinworth & Co.
Bacon Fried Apples from It Is A Keeper
Bacon Potato Salad from Forking Up
More Cheesecake recipes
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Thank you for supporting Ashlee Marie when you shop!