These mini and bite-sized dessert lasagnas are easy to make and crazy delicious! They each have a salted caramel chocolate chunk Walkers shortbread as the base. Then creamy caramel and chocolate layers to create this no bake dessert!
This is a sponsored post but all opinions are 100% my own.
How to make a dessert lasagna!
When Walkers Shortbread sent me these amazing Salted Caramel and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread and Mini Shortbread Bags I knew they would be crazy delicious and my brain started thinking of all the amazing Chocolate and Caramel creation options.
Then I thought of my pistachio dessert lasagna with a shortbread base and thought, EUREKA! These shortbread rounds would be perfect as a base if I created individual muffin style dessert lasagnas!
The larger classic shortbreads fit into my extra large muffin tins with liners (just a little too big for the traditional muffin tin size) and the mini shortbreads fit right into my mini muffin tin!
Walkers is a family owned business dedicated to baking the World’s Finest Shortbread and other delicious treats as well. In fact all Walkers Shortbread cookies are made in Scotland and they are still using the original recipe created over 120 years ago.
Growing up my mom always bought Walkers Shortbread. When I called and told her I’d be working with them she was CRAZY excited as they are still her favorite (and mine). And I’ve loved sharing them with my own children!
After fitting the shortbread cookies into the muffin tins, I made my no bake cheesecake mixture, added some caramel sauce and added a thin layer on top of ever cookie.
Then, add a layer of chocolate pudding and refrigerate! When you are ready to serve add some fresh whipped cream and a Mini Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Shortbread to the top!
For a limited time, Walkers Shortbread has provided a coupon for 20% off your entire purchase with the code: ASHLEEMARIE (expires 7/31/2019)
Want to skip to the recipe?
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for making these mini dessert lasagna’s simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to make mini and bite sized dessert lasagnas
– Find the right muffin tin size BEFORE making any of the fillings. It might take trying a few different pans as they are all a little different. For me the shortbread was a little too big for my classic muffin tin and tad bit small for the jumbo muffin tin, but the addition of the muffin liners helped.
– Make sure your cream cheese is room temp before beating – you’ll get a smoother cheesecake this way.
– When beating the cream cheese and sugar, scrape the sides often and beat until there are no chunks left. At this point you can’t over beat it. Once you add the whipped cream you won’t want to over beat so any chunks in the mixture are now a part of the layer.
– Use a really thick caramel sauce, not a cheap runny sauce, so the layer will stay thick and set up better.
– If you chill the bowl and beaters the whipped cream (also straight out of the fridge chilled) will beat up faster.
– Some people say that using powdered sugar for your whipped cream vs granulated sugar will hold it’s shape better. Personally I haven’t noticed a difference but something to consider if you feel your whipped cream falls flat a lot!
– Speaking of whipped cream – in a traditional dessert lasagna I layer the whipped cream layer on right away – BUT because the pudding layer is chocolate the chocolate pudding will actually seep some brown into the cheesecake and whipped cream layers – so to keep the whipped cream pretty and white I add it later, right before serving. You CAN however add it right away.
To make these Caramel Chocolate Shortbread dessert lasagnas you’ll need:
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Shortbread (now available at Walmert and other retailers in your area)
- Mini Salted Caramel Shortbread (available on Walkers Website https://us.walkersshortbread.com)
- Jumbo cupcake pan
- Jumbo cupcake liners
- Mini cupcake pan
- A mixer (hand or stand)
- Quality Cream cheese (no low fat – the cheesecake won’t set)
- A thick, quality Caramel sauce (my homemade caramel sauce works too)
- Favorite Chocolate Pudding
- High fat whipping cream (the higher the fat the better the results)
Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Mini Dessert Lasagnas
If you love shortbread and dessert lasagnas, please leave a 5 star review and be sure to share on Facebook and Pinterest! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
Check out these other summer no-bake desserts
Check out these other Shortbread desserts
To watch me make these Chocolate Caramel shortbread dessert lasagna’s play the live cooking show video in the recipe card. You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Mini Dessert Lasagnas
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp thick caramel sauce
- 2/3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 3.9 oz chocolate pudding package
- 1 1/3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place shortbread into jumbo cupcake tins with jumbo cupcake liners (makes 12 jumbo mini lasagnas or use 36 mini shortbreads in a mini cupcake pan)
- With a mixer beat cream cheese and 1/2 C powdered sugar. Scrapping the side and making sure there are no chunks
- Add the caramel and beat until smooth
- In a chilled bowl beat the heavy whipping cream, 1/4 C powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks are formed
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and mix until just combined
- Spoon the caramel no bake cheesecake mixture over each of the shortbreads – not too thick, 2 Tbsp into each jumbo liner (2 tsp into each mini cup)? And smooth as flat as possible.
- Refrigerate while working on the next layer
- In another bowl, combine milk and pudding mix, whisk until thick and smooth
- Spread over first layer, and smooth. I did 4 tsp over the jumbo and only 1 1/2 tsp over the mini (I had leftover pudding but didn't want that layer as thick).
- Let set in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight
- Side note – I placed mine in the freezer for about 30 mins before unwrapping and un-molding – then plated them and refrigerated them until ready to serve.
- In a chilled bowl beat the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form
- Add the whipped cream to the top of the lasagnas and top with mini shortbreads!
Walkers Shortbread has a wide array of other sweet treats I promise you’ll love AND they have fun seasonal boxes and tins! From now until July 31st take 20% off your entire purchase with the code ASHLEEMARIE. You can find them on social media here:
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Olaf Chocolate covered Caramel Pears - November 19, 2019
- 29 Pumpkin Recipes - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow recipe – copycat Scotchmallows - November 16, 2019