Pressure cooker cheesecake is quick, easy and has an amazing texture. You will love this basic instant pot cheesecake, and it’s a great base for any other flavor you’d like to create!
Why I made a instant pot cheesecake.
I haven’t been the biggest fan of the instant pot – I know most people love it – but for me most of the time it’s faster and better to simply cook it myself.
So as you can imagine I was hesitant to jump on the instant pot cheesecake wagon as I am a cheesecake fanatic! Here is what I will say:
The pressure cooker cheesecake is quicker and the cheesecake texture is amazing!!!! The negative? Because of all the steam I found the crust got to soft, almost soggy.
So you have to pick – foolfproof, easy cheesecake recipe with a soft crust or slightly tricky, but once you know your oven, amazing cheesecake with a nice crust.
Also the instant pot limits the size of your cheesecake – which can be good or bad! If you are feeding a crowd then you might want a larger cheesecake. But the 7 or 8 inch that fits in the instant pot is enough for most families.
PLUS you could stack them and make 2 cheesecakes at the same time!!!
Just take me to the instant pot Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for this easy cheesecake recipe, along with links to other instant pot recipes and get straight to the best cheesecake recipe ever made in an instant pot – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How to turn any cheesecake recipe into an instant pot cheesecake
Now of course you could take my caramel cheesecake, pistachio cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, Lemon meringue pie cheesecake, peanut butter cup cheesecake or maple bacon cheesecake recipes in the instant pot too (or any other flavor you like)!
First pick your springform pan size – I use an 8 inch springform pan for my 8 quart pressure cooker, but I recommend a 7 inch for the 6 quart (the 7 will fit in the 8 quart as well)
Now adjust the recipe (there is a serving side slide in my recipe cards). Adjust until you get down to 2 lbs of cream cheese (for the 8 inch pan) or 1 1/2 lbs of cream cheese for the 7 inch springform pan.
Prebake the crust (or you could just freeze it if it’s a crumb crust). Add the cheesecake filling and from there the rest of the pressure cooking directions are the same.
Occasionally you’ll add a topping while the cheesecake is warm. The rest of the time you’ll let the cheesecake cool and chill and then add the rest of the toppings.
Tips and Tricks for the BEST instant pot cheesecake ever
-Room temperate ingredients are key for a smooth texture.
-Beat the cream cheese and sugar as much as you want, scrap the sides and make sure the batter is smooth. Once you add the eggs, do NOT overbeat, just mix on low until they are barely incorporated, beating after you add the eggs is what often leads to cracking.
-Cover your cheesecake with a paper towel, then cover in foil. The paper towel will soak up excess liquid, but might leave a paper towel image if your cheesecake rises and touches the top – easy to cover with the sour cream topping.
-You can leave the paper towel off and only use the foil; but then you’ll need to dab condensation off the cheesecake after it’s cooled.
-The topping is optional, but I recommend it – it covers any imperfections, add’s a slight tang and tastes amazing.
-When baking I add the topping and then place the cheesecake back in the oven to cook the topping for a couple minutes, I was worried the topping might be weird without that baking time but the residual heat of the cheesecake set the topping just fine!
-Do NOT eat it right away, cheesecake needs to sets and it gets so much BETTER with time in the fridge, at LEAST 8 hours.
-You can freeze cheesecake! I like to freeze my cheesecake, cut it up and dip it in chocolate!!! seriously so good!
-Remove the cheesecake pan after it has cooled completely in the fridge as it needs the time to set to become firm.
-This cheesecake is good with my berry coulis, or cherries, or any manner of berry!
To make this easy cheesecake recipe you’ll need
- an instant pot (I use an 8 quart)
- a cheesecake pan (I used an 8 inch springform pan, if you have a smaller instant pot you’ll need to use a 7 inch)
- instant pot rack or this trivit/sling
- paper towel (large enough to cover the pan)
- foil (large enough to cover the pan)
- Berry Coulis (not necessary, but it’ll taste great with the cheesecake!)
Best cheesecake recipe in an instant pot
If you love these instant pot recipes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love instant pot cheesecake you’ll love these other instant pot recipes!
Or check out these amazing cheesecake recipes you can also make in the instant pot!
To watch me make this instant pot Cheesecake play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you).
Instant Pot Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 C Vanilla wafer crumbs or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 tsp vanilla
- 2 lrg eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 C full fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375
- mix all the crust ingredients and toss lightly with fork until well blended.
- Press firmly into the bottom of a 8 inch spring form pan.
- Bake on the bottom rack until crisp and golden, about 10 min.
- Let cool.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on med until light and fluffy, about 30-60 sec.
- Scrape the bowl, beat 45 sec more – make sure it’s smooth with no chunks.
- Add the eggs and yolk one at a time until they are incorporated and the batter is velvety, about 30 sec – do NOT overbeat.
- Scrape the bowl and mix 10 sec more – do NOT overbeat.
- Pour the filling over crust,
- Add 1 C water to the instant pot
- Add the cheesecake to the instant pot rack and cover with a paper towel and foil
- Place in your instant pot, and close the lid
- Presser cook on high for 37 mins
- Let release naturally for 10 mins then quick release
- Mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla
- Mix until smooth
- Add the topping to the warm cheesecake as soon as it comes out and let cool for 30 mins
- Then refrigerate the cheesecake for 8-12 hours
Serve with my triple berry coulis and fresh berries or any other favorite topping
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020
- Dense and Creamy Cheesecake Recipe - December 14, 2019