I remember the best bite of ice cream I ever ate, it was amazing and I’ve been trying to recreate it ever since. I’ve tried a ton of different ice cream recipes throughout the years. THIS recipe is perfection! This is seriously AMAZING ice cream. Creamy, rich, indulgent, delicious… oh and did I say RICH?
I love Chocolate. In fact I believe chocolate is a food group! Probably my main food group honestly… And within that food group my main consumption is Cake, Ganache and Ice Cream. I already had a basic chocolate ice cream recipe, but I was looking for something super rich… this is Perfection.
- 2 1/4 C Heavy Cream
- 10 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 3 lrg egg yolks
- 1/3 C cocoa
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small sauce pan.
- Place the baking chocolate in a metal bowl.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 mins, then stir it smooth. Set it aside.
- In another bowl beat the sugar, eggs and cocoa. it will start crumbly and get smoother as you go.
- Bring the milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Slowly pour the milk into the chocolate mixture while beating the mixture.
- Pour the whole thing back into the saucepan and cook over low heat.
- It will start out very foamy, but as you stir the foam will go away and it will thicken slightly.
- Pour through a strainer into the ganache and stir together
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight
- Run through your ice cream maker according to the directions (it took min 25 mins).
- Pour into a container and freeze 2 hours before serving
This recipe might sound complicated with the egg based custard ice cream as well as the ganache section of the recipe. BUT I promise it’s SUPER easy, I’ve tried so many recipes over the years I’ve tried it all. There have been really complicated ones but they have never right! But this one? Fast, easy and I seriously can’t stop gushing about it.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.