In last 10 year’s my husband and I have been together my Mother in law has spent 5 of her birthday’s with us! This birthday was no different. So when I asked her what she wanted I wasn’t really surprised when she picked a cheesecake. Chocolate this time. I had two recipes in my collection and I remember that one was better than the other, but couldn’t remember which one. So I went with the one that sounded better.
My husband doesn’t like cheesecake so I don’t get to make them very often, but I love them. So I was happy to do it. and SOOOO glad it turned out just PERFECT! Not one crack on top. I like to mix up my chocolates so that you don’t get a distinct brand flavor from your cheesecake. It worked great and tasted wonderful. Still not as DARK as I would like, but good. I’m still on the hunt for an AMAZING chocolate cheesecake though…
- 1 C chocolate wafers ground
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 C sugar
- 8 oz chocolate
- 3- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ C sour cream
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Lrg eggs
- Mix the ingredients together well.
- Then press into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake the crust at 350 for 10 mins.
- Let the crust cool before pouring in the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 300.
- Melt Chocolate in a double broiler (or the microwave, just don't let it over cook).
- Mix the cream cheese on medium for 3 mins.
- Add the sugar and mix on low until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, cocoa, melted chocolate and vanilla, and mix on low, scraping the sides.
- Add eggs one at a time, until just combined (30 seconds each).
- Bake 50 -60 mins,
- It should still be wobbly in the center.
- Turn off the oven and crack the door, letting it cool for an hour.
- Then put it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Here is a video I made using my classic Cheesecake recipe, but the tips and tricks in the video work for ALL cheesecake recipes!!!
What is your favorite cheesecake flavor? It’s one of my favorite desserts so I’m always making new flavors, any you’d like me to share?
More Cheesecake recipes