S’more deliciousness in a Cupcake form. A soft and fluffy Graham cracker cupcake filled with chocolate ganache and topped with a soft fluffy decadent marshmallow frosting.
I have a base vanilla cupcake recipe I like to use for everything. When I decided to make S’more cupcakes I thought about doing a chocolate cupcake then decided to try something unique – a graham cracker cupcake!
I ground up graham crackers and added them to the cupcake – I wasn’t sure it would work but dang they turned out amazing!
The rest was easy – I knew I wanted to use Marshmallow frosting so that left the filling for the chocolate portion of this dessert. I make Ganache all the time so that was an easy choice for the filling.
You can use a cupcake corer or I just use a large frosting tip – press down into the cupcake, twist and pull back out! Then fill with soft chocolate ganache.
So the key to filling a cupcake with ganache is to do a 1.5 to 1 ratio (vs then normal 2:1 ratio I typically do) – This will make it so it doesn’t set too firm, but soft, so you can bite into it easily but it’s still rich!
Just take me to the S’mores Cupcake Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for these graham cracker cupcakes, along with links to other s’more recipes and get straight to this delicious cupcake recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tools for making the Perfect S’more cupcakes
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners
- cupcake corer
- frosting tip
- kitchen torch
Easy S’more Recipe
If you love s’more cupcakes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love cupcakes you’ll love these other dessert recipes!
If you love S’more recipes you’ll love these other s’more recipes!
To watch me make these S’more cupcakes play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you). You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
S’mores Cupcakes – Marshmallow topped ganache filled graham cracker cupcakes
- 1 1/2 C All purpose flour add 1 1/2 Tbsp for high altitude
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/3 tsp baking powder minus 1/2 tsp for high altitude
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar minus 1 1/2 Tbsp for high altitude
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 3 lrg eggs room temperature
- 1/2 C greek yogurt
- 6 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 C whole milk
- 9 oz chocolate
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 lrg egg whites
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F (375 for high altitude)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and cinnamon
- Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until you end up with a fine crumb
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, mayo, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be wet
- Bake in cupcake liners for 18-21 mins (15-18 mins for high altitude)
- place the chocolate into a heat proof bowl
- in a small pot bring the whipping cream to a simmer
- pour over the chocolate and let sit 5 mins
- stir until smooth and let cool to room tempurature
- Put eggs whites, sugar and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler over boiling water and beat with a hand mixer until it turns white, thickens and ribbons form- about 4 mins.
- Transfer mixture to a room temp mixing bowl,(or place warm bowl into a bowl if ice to cool it down) add vanilla and beat with electric mixer with whisk attachment on Med high until stiff peaks form- about 3 mins.
- let the cupcakes cool then use a piping tip to cut out a hole in the cupcake
- fill the hole with the soft ganache
- pipe the frosting on top then using a kitchen torch and brulee the frosting
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Wood Burning Kitchen Conversion Chart Cutting Board – Homemade Cricut Stencil - December 7, 2019
- Frozen 2 Anna Princess Cake Video Tutorial - November 30, 2019
- Frozen 2 Elsa Princess Cake Video Tutorial - November 30, 2019