Today is National Cupcake day – oh yeah, it’s true. Now I have a confession – I don’t really LIKE cupcakes – I’m a CAKE fan, I slice of cake with even layers of frosting through out – it’s my OCD thing I guess – a big wad of cake with a big wad of frosting – not so much – BUT they sure are pretty, right? SO when national cupcake day rolls around you just GOTTA make cupcakes, right?
I know it’s winter, and your probably not thinking about s’mores… well why not? I think about S’mores desserts ALL THE TIME! Well I think about chocolate and marshmallows all the time – the graham crackers are just a way to HOLD it all… So you can go SO many directions when making S’mores cupcakes – I went with a light and fluffy graham cracker cupcake filled with a soft ganache and topped with my Homemade marshmallow fluff then toasted… The kids ate up the ENTIRE BATCH in like a day – they want CRAZY over them!
So the key to filling a cupcake with ganache is to do a 1.5 to 1 ratio (vs then normal 2:1 ratio I typically do) – This will make it so it doesn’t set too firm, but soft, so you can bite into it easily but it’s still rich! And you can go with either the Marshmallow frosting or Marshmallow fluff – both work just fine!
These S'mores cupcakes are so easy to make and a wonderful summer treat! A soft and fluffy graham cracker cupcake filled with a soft, rich chocolate ganache and topped with my homemade marshmallow frosting then toasted these S'mores cupcakes are easy to make and amazingly flavorful and delicious
- 1 1/2 C All purpose flour add 1 1/2 Tbsp for high altitude
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/3 tsp baking powder minus 1/2 tsp for high altitude
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar minus 1 1/2 Tbsp for high altitude
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 3 lrg eggs room temperature
- 1/2 C greek yogurt
- 6 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 C whole milk
- 9 oz chocolate
- 6 oz heavy whipping cream
- 4 lrg egg whites
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 F (375 for high altitude)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and cinnamon
- Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until you end up with a fine crumb
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, mayo, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be wet
Bake in cupcake liners for 18-21 mins (15-18 mins for high altitude)
place the chocolate into a heat proof bowl
in a small pot bring the whipping cream to a simmer
- pour over the chocolate and let sit 5 mins
- stir until smooth and let cool to room tempurature
Put eggs whites, sugar and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler over boiling water and beat with a hand mixer until it turns white, thickens and ribbons form- about 4 mins.
Transfer mixture to a room temp mixing bowl,(or place warm bowl into a bowl if ice to cool it down) add vanilla and beat with electric mixer with whisk attachment on Med high until stiff peaks form- about 3 mins.
- let the cupcakes cool then use a piping tip to cut out a hole in the cupcake
- fill the hole with the soft ganache
- pipe the frosting on top then using a kitchen torch and brulee the frosting
AND because it’s a food holiday I have even MORE cupcakes for you! YAY! this is the last month this year for our amazing group of “clebrating food” bloggers! I hope you click over and check out even more deliciousness!
New cupcake recipes from the Celebrating Food bloggers!!
- S’mores Cupcakes – HERE!
- Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes – Real Mom Kitchen
- Santa Hat and Holly Wreath Cupcakes – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Churro Cupcakes – The Baker Upstairs
- 2 Ingredient Lemon Cupcakes – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Mint Chocolate Cupakes – Butter with a side of Bread
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes – Life Made Simple
More Cupcakes from ME!
Even more cupcake recipes from some amazing food bloggers
- Monster cookie dough cupcakes – The Recipe Critic
- Biscoff Cheesecake cupcakes – Beyond Frosting
- Butterfinger cupcakes – Love Life and Sugar
- Pink Velvet raspberry cupcakes – Sweet C’s Design