These maple bacon cupcakes are seriously amazing. Soft Maple cupcakes filled with candied bacon, topped with a soft maple buttercream and another slice of candied bacon!
When we were eating our way around the worlds of Epcot (remember the lemon scones from England?) I wasn’t planning on getting anything in America, after all we were eating a LOT of food and why hit up my OWN country? I can get American food anytime anyplace, right?
Then I looked at the menu! BACON CUPCAKE??? I hadn’t really gotten into the whole maple bacon craze at this point (obviously I have now), but I had to at least TRY it, right? WELL the cupcake itself was NOT very good, IMO. Too dense for a cupcake, like I couldn’t even finish HALF of one it was that heavy, more like a dense muffin than a cupcake. But the Maple FROSTING was AMAZING!
ANYWAY these babies went on the list of recipes to recreate! I was MOST excited about perfecting the Maple icing, (and it’s GOOD) but I also wanted to improve upon the cupcake itself. I didn’t just want to improve it, I wanted it to actually taste GOOD!
So I’m using the Vanilla cake recipe I always use for cupcakes and adding the Maple flavoring and Bacon (I also use this recipe for these caramel spider cupcakes). BUT you can take your favorite vanilla or butter cupcake and add maple extract to it and get the same results – even a box mix if that’s what you prefer.
Now for the bacon – you can go either way – classic regular bacon cut up and placed in to the cupcake OOOORRRRR candied bacon… You’ll get more of a sweet/salty combo with the plain bacon, but I’m all about my sweets being sweet so I prefer the candied bacon – ESP for the bacon slice on top!
So??? are they any good? I seriously can NOT stop eating them! Like AMAZING… They smell divine, like the best breakfast ever, and they taste even better. I did NOT expect to like them! I ended up making 4 dozen and I swear I’ve eaten half of them myself. The kids don’t love them, but the adults all do!
Maple Bacon Cupcake Recipe
If you love this maple bacon recipe as much as I do, consider leaving a 5 star review and be sure to share on Facebook and Pinterest! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my monthly newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Disney Copycat Recipes or Disney film based Recipes you’ll love these other recipes
Connect with Ashlee Marie!
Play the video below to see the full video – Or play the short video in the recipe (if on desktop, it should be autoplaying for you)
Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- 2 1/3 C cake flour add 2 Tbsp and 1 tsp for high altitude
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar minus 1 1/2 Tbsp for high altitude
- 2 1/3 tsp baking powder minus 1/2 tsp for high altitude
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tbsp butter softened
- 3 lrg eggs room temperature
- 1/2 C greek yogurt or sour cream
- 6 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 sliced candied bacon diced
- Cream cheese maple frosting
- 8 slices candied bacon cut into 3rds for decoration
- preheat oven to 350 F (375 F for high altitude)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until you end up with a fine crumb
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, mayo, vanilla and maple extract until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be wet
- Fold in half the diced candied bacon
- scoop into cupcake tins and sprinkle the rest of the bacon on top
- bake 14-18 mins
- let cool them frost and enjoy!
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Olaf Chocolate covered Caramel Pears - November 19, 2019
- 29 Pumpkin Recipes - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow recipe – copycat Scotchmallows - November 16, 2019