I love love LOVE marshmallows! And soft squishy marshmallow frosting, creme or fluff (whatever you want to call it) is AMAZING! On top of cake, tarts, ice creams, etc.. This is ONE of TWO recipes! This is the easier, softer recipe, click over to this slightly more complicated and slightly more stabilized Marshmallow Fluff. It’s softer than a buttercream but can be dolloped, spread or piped.
Homemade is AMAZING! you will love love LOVE this! BUT it’s my favorite icing to use on a chocolate cake at home. For an extra treat I like to take a torch and brown the frosting! It’s also great as part of a trifle, with chocolate cake and pretty much anything else, pudding, crushed candy bars, etc… This video starts with this recipe then moves on to the more advanced recipe.
Once you pipe it it will set up nicely, it does stay a little sticky unless you toast it. It toasts beautifully but you don’t have to toast it. Use it right away! It’s thick right at the beginning, but it does lose its stiffness kinda quickly and if left exposed to air it will set up, so don’t take too long frosting, don’t over work it. You CAN put it in sealed container (I like to use a gallon bag to keep the air out)
I love love LOVE to serve this in my Hot Chocolate or on top of my Frozen Hot Chocolate, something about Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows that I just adore! I’m not sure if there anything chocolate I don’t love this on, it plays a staring role in my S’more Ice Cream!
Marshmallow Frosting Recipe
- 4 lrg egg whites
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put eggs whites, sugar and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler over boiling water and beat with a hand mixer until it turns white, thickens and ribbons form- about 4 mins.
- Transfer mixture to a room temp mixing bowl,(or place warm bowl into a bowl if ice to cool it down) add vanilla and beat with electric mixer with whisk attachment on Med high until stiff peaks form- about 3 mins.
Recipes that use my Marshmallow frosting or Fluff
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020