Alright… I have been obsessed with this cake all summer and dying to share it with you – Layers of the BEST peanut butter cookie with Chocolate ganache and Marshmallow fluff frosting! DANG so good! NO SERIOUSLY, crazy messy but so good (remember these peanut butter s’more cookies? like that but BETTER)
I mean really – Peanut butter cookies are already a given, so good. And S’mores? come on, by far one of the most amazing food groups I swear! and together… in CAKE FORM! I die, seriously I’m making it AGAIN for my birthday next month!
So the FIRST time I made this cake I got ambitious and made it 8 inches, with thick cookies and gobs of marshmallow fluff… and the weight of it was insane and the marshmallow fluff couldn’t hold it and it totally cracked and collapsed! BUT it was still delicious, I lived off of the mess for a few days! so this time around I made 6 inch cookies, and used less marshmallow fluff frosting, also let them set a bit before stacking!
- 1 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 4 lrg eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 24 oz chocolate
- 3 lrg egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 C water
- 3/4 C light corn syrup
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl us an electric mixer to cream the butter.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar and cream together.
- Beat in the peanut butter.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add half the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and combine well.
- Add the rest of the flour and combine
- Press into the bottom of five 6 inch cake pans (make some cookies with remaining dough - you want the batter to be about 1/3 of an inch thick
- Bake at 350 for 16-19 mins
- Let cool
- bring the cream to a simmer
- pour over chocolate and let sit for 5 mins (for the warm cream to permeate the chocolate)
- Stir it smooth (if you still have chuncks you can warm your bowl up over a saucepan of boiling water - double broiler style - and heat to melt the chuncks)
- let cool to room temperature, it will be thick but spreadable
- in a mixer with a metal bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tarter
- when it starts to get foamy slowly pour the 2 Tbsp sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form
- at the same time in a saucepan heat the water, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a boil
- heat to 242 degrees F (sea level - adjust according to your elevation) and remove from heat
- with the mixer on low slowly pour the hot syrup into the egg whites (in the area between the whisks and the edge of the bowl)
- once it's all added turn the mixer up to high, add the vanilla and mix until the mixture is stiff peaks, thick and looks like marshmallow fluff 92-3 mins)
- add a thin layer of ganache to each cookie
- pipe on the marshmallow fluff onto four cookies, let set for 15 mins
- Stack the cookies with the plain ganache one on top
- melt some of the ganache until runny
- pipe over the sides and top to create a runny mess
- pipe decorative marshmallow fluff on top
- (optional) toast the marshmallow kisses on top and the marshmallow sides!
- let set completely, cut and enjoy!
Come ON! look at that slice! GAH drooling over here, so hard to write these posts after the food is already gone! I seriously think Ill make it in tart form next time – cause who doesn’t need a tart version of this with EXTRA marshmallow fluff and more chocolate? I NEED IT!
So tell me – what’s YOU favorite way to eat s’mores?
Do not miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email