Copycat King’s Hawaiian rolls – these are easy to make with full video tutorial. Sweet, delicious and always a hit at dinner.
THANKSGIVING IS A WEEK AWAY! yay! My favorite day of the year is so very close I can’t wait! SO I’m obsessed with bread – esp dinner rolls, but it’s the one thing I don’t have a favorite of!
I have my Favorite way to cook a Turkey, my favorite Gravy, Potatoes, etc… BUT I’m constantly experimenting with rolls! THESE were the HIT of last years Thanksgiving AND I’m repeating them this year they were SO good!
So these are actually a Kings Hawaiian copycat recipe! Anyone else a huge fan! As much as I love baking bread rolls are the one thing I often simply buy since I didn’t have a favorite!
And this brand has been my go to, but NOW I can make my own, WINNING! Slightly sweet with a hint of Hawaii from the pineapple juice – my kids DEVOURED these – making a quadruple batch this year!
I love making videos so you can SEE the texture you want the dough – literally this is sticky! I’ve learned from years of tough rolls that you simply can’t add so much flour that the dough is easy to handle – sticky = soft rolls, so go with it! embrace messy hands!
To watch me make these sweet hawaiian rolls in a recipe video play the video in the recipe card. There should also be a short teaser auto playing for you.
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1 1/2 C pineapple juice
- 4 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 lrg eggs
- 5-6 C bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 C butter melted
- microwave the pineapple juice about 40 seconds – you want to hit 105-115 degrees
- in your mixing bowl (with your bread hook attached) add the yeast, 2 Tbsp sugar and warm pineapple juice – let sit 5-10 mins
- add the remaining sugar, softened butter and vanilla – stir to combined
- slightly beat the eggs and add them, stir in
- add 3 C flour and the salt and stir on low
- continue to add flour 1/2 C at a time until the dough cleans the sides of the bowl (stop adding flour right away when it does this)
- the dough will still be sticky, continue to knead for 1 min
- cover and let rise until double in size – 60-90 mins
- shape dough into rolls, you can do 24 small rolls or 12-18 larger rolls place on a 12-24 rimmed jelly roll pan
- cover the dough balls in plastic wrap (sprayed with non stick spray) and let double in size again – 60-90 mins again
- preheat the over to 350 near the end of the rise
- bake about 20 mins
- brush the rolls with the melted butter – serve!
Awww yeah….. these rolls are AMAZING!!! SERIOUSLY! So what is YOUR favorite bread to make? AND if, like me, you like to enjoy ALL THE CARBS check out these 20 other bread recipes for Homemade Bread day!
Celebrating Food Holiday Bloggers NEW recipes
- Copycat King Hawaiian Rolls – HERE
- Small Batch 30 Minute Easy Dinner Rolls – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Overnight Refrigerator Rolls – Real Mom Kitchen
- Braided Sweet Bread – The Baker Upstairs
- Dutch Apple Bread – butter with a side of bread
- 100% Whole Wheat Rolls – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- One Hour Cinnamon Rolls – Creations by Kara
- Pumpkin Honey Butter Crescent Rolls – Life made simple
- Potato Rolls – Like Mother Like Daughter
Some of MY bread recipes
- savory cheddar biscuits – Ashlee Marie
- homemade croissants – Ashlee Marie
- buttermilk biscuits – Ashlee Marie
- 1 hour parmesean breadsticks – Ashlee Marie
- perfect crescent rolls – Ashlee Marie
- coconut pecan bread – Ashlee Marie
- perfect cornbread – Ashlee Marie
- rosemary bread – Macaroni Grill Copycat – Ashlee Marie
- Pumpkin bread – Ashlee Marie
- Kouign Amann – Ashlee Marie
- Perfect Cinnamon rolls – Ashlee Marie
- Pain Au Chocolat – Ashlee Marie
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020