As much as we love soups we love cornbread too. When we were first married my ex-husband was in charge of making it, so this is actually the recipe HE came up with after making it so many times for me.
- 1 C corn meal
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C olive oil
- preheat oven to 425
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Add milk, egg and oil, beat until smooth.
- Prepare your pans (8x8 or 12 muffins - or double for a 9x13 pan or 24 muffins)
- Bake in the pan for 20-23 min, or in the muffin tins for 15-18 mins
- Serve your cornbread with honey butter while it's warm with your favorite chili or chowder.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020