As much as we love soups we love cornbread too. When we were first married my husband was in charge of making it, so this is actually the recipe HE came up with after making it so many times for me.
I like cornbread with all cream based soups and chowders! What do YOU like cornbread with? You can also stir in canned corn kernels if you like that, but our kids aren’t fans so we don’t.
- 1 C corn meal
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C olive oil
- preheat oven to 425
- Combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Add milk, egg and oil, beat until smooth.
- Prepare your pans (8x8 or 12 muffins - or double for a 9x13 pan or 24 muffins)
- Bake in the pan for 20-23 min, or in the muffin tins for 15-18 mins
- Serve your cornbread with honey butter while it's warm with your favorite chili or chowder.
Do not miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email