So obviously I’m a cake gal – but I’m not too snobby when it comes to desserts (except cupcakes – not a fan) but for some reason when I was younger I struggled with pies – I mean I liked pumpkin pie – but all others? just nah… BUT then I grew up and I discovered that there are more than just FRUIT pies out there – and I fell in love!
Of course I lean towards the cream pies and the rich chocolate type stuff – but I’ve discovered that fruit pies can be just as decadent as well! I live in Utah and I’m lucky enough to live close to some AMAZING food bloggers, so last week I invited a few over and we all brought pies – we PRETENDED it was for work (we’re all doing pie round up posts) but really it was simply to get together and EAT!!! I mean who WOULDN’T want to come hang with THIS collection of beauties!
I’d LOVE to hear what YOUR favorite pie is!!! I had a hard time narrowing this list down to just 23! What did I miss?? What pie do you always make and take to Thanksgiving?
23 Pies (and Tarts)
- Coconut Cream Pie – Ashlee Marie
- Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie – Barbara Bakes
- Banana Cream Pie – Like mother Like Daughter
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie – Ashlee Marie
- Cherry Pie Cookies – Butter with a side of Bread
- salted caramel apple pie – A Bountiful Kitchen
- Sour Cream Lemon Pie – Ashlee Marie
- biscoff Ice Cream Pie – Beyond Frosting
- Lemon and Blackberry Chess Pie – Barbara Bakes
- Caramel Toffee Frozen Pie – Ashlee Marie
- Triple Berry Pie – Tastes Better From Scratch
- Key Lime Pie – Mom on Timeout
- Apple Crumble Tart – Ashlee Marie
- Brownie pie – Crazy for Crust
- Blood Orange Tart – Ashlee Marie
- Peanut Butter cup pie – Wine and Glue
- Samoas cookie pie – Averie Cooks
- Raspberry Curd Tart – Ashlee Marie
- Mile High pumpkin pie with Pecan Steusel – Oh Scratch That
- Cherry sour cream pie bars – The Recipe Critic
- Pecan pie tart – Ashlee Marie (in this ecookbook)
- Salted Chocolate Caramel tart – Brown eyed Baker
- Eggnog Brulee Pie – Confessions of a cookbook queen
And FIVE Crust Recipes
- Flaky pie crust – Ashlee Marie
- Graham Cracker pie Crust – Ashlee Marie
- Pate Sucree, Pate Brisee and Pate Sablee pie crusts – Ashlee Marie
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Thanks so much for arranging and hosting the pie party! So many great pies!
it was so much fun and my pleasure!
Hi Ashlee! Not only am I making my daughter’s wedding cake, I am making pies. I am making them in advance and freezing them. How far in advance should I bake them? Of course I dont want soggy bottoms.
it totally depends on the pie, not all freeze well. And if you are freezing them pre baking or post baking. typically pies can be in the freezer for 3-4 months.