Layers of whipped cream, pistachio pudding, no bake cheesecake and a shortbread crust make up this delicious dessert lasagna.
Pistachio is one of my favorite flavors. I love pistachio cookies, yogurt, ice cream, etc… But these bars are a simple, easy to make and taste great!
I remember the first time I had these bars, I was 12 at a youth activity for my church! A friend brought them and I fell in love, but forgot to get a recipe! don’t you hate it when you do that! it haunts you. It’s taken years to find the perfect one, but here it is!
I love the balance between the textures; the crust has a nice crispness, the no bake cheesecake layer is rich and creamy and of course the pudding is smooth!
Add some whipped cream on top and it’s perfection! I also like to chop fresh pistachio’s OR grate some chocolate on top (everything is better with chocolate) but I barely had time to take these pictures before my family dug in… Maybe next time!
Do you have a favorite treat from your youth that you have forgotten about? haven’t had in years? or have been searching for the recipe??? I love hearing what recipes everyone connects with and remembers with fondness.
Sometimes I’ll make something I SWEAR I loved when I was younger and find that I don’t like it as an adult! I’m glad it wasn’t the case with this sweet dessert!
Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe
If you love this pistachio dessert as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love this dessert lasagna you’ll love these other dessert recipes!
To watch me make this Pistachio dessert lasagna in a live cooking show play the video in the recipe card. There should also be a short teaser auto playing for you.
Pistachio dessert lasagna
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
1st layer – no bake cheesecake
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 C whipping cream
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
2nd Layer – pistachio pudding
- 3 C whole milk
- 6.8 oz pistachio pudding boxes (2 small boxes)
Topping – stabilized whipped cream
- 2 C stabilized whipped cream (1 C whipping cream sweetened and beaten)
- preheat the oven to 375 F
- In your mixer beat the butter until smooth with whisks.
- Add the flour and sugar, and mix until crumbly.
- Sir in pecans
- Press into the bottom of a 13×9 glass pan
- Bake for 10-12 mins, let cool
no bake cheesecake layer
- In your mixer beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth with no cream cheese chunks
- in another bowl beat the whipped cream, powdered sugar and vanilla
- add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat.
- plop over the crust and spread smooth.
- In another bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes; beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread over first layer, refrigerate and let set.
whipped cream layer
- Spread the stabilized whipped cream over the top layer and chill.
- add any topping – I use crushed shortbread cookie crumbs and chopped pecans