I love fresh whipped cream, I’m not a big fan of store made dessert whipped toppings. BUT some recipes call for that stabilized whipped topping, so why not make my own? It tastes better AND it’s really easy!
You really are just adding gelatin to the whipped cream your making. There are a few tips and trips, like when to add it, but pretty much that’s it! This way it’s stronger, you can use it in recipes, or pipe it even, like onto a pie or cake without it getting all melty!
So you need whipping cream, vanilla and sugar, just like normal, and some gelatin and some water to dissolve it into! Easy peasy, I always have these around!
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/8 C cold water
- 2 C heavy whipping cream regular or heavy--I always use heavy cream
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let it bloom for 5 mins.
- While that's resting add the sugar and vanilla to the whipping cream (feel free to do more or less to your tastes).
- Once the gelatin has bloomed microwave it until it's dissolved. Then, while whipping the cream, slowly add the gelatin to the cream.
- Beat in a mixer with a whisk until soft or stiff peaks form (your preference) and keep refrigerated!
Do you love fresh whipped cream like me? or are you a whipped topping fan? No judgement, some people LOVE it, I grew up on it.
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Homemade Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons – recipe video - January 19, 2020
- Red Velvet Cupcakes - January 16, 2020
- Creamy Chicken Penne Rustica Pasta Copycat Recipe and video - January 14, 2020