Instant pot parmesan risotto is the perfect side dish. It’s quick and easy to make. It is creamy and full of flavor.
How I made this Instant Pot Risotto Recipe
I love all things rice. Like all rice dishes. One of my favorite thing to make is risotto. Traditional risotto is time consuming to make.
So when I discovered how easy it was to make risotto in the instant pot I fell in love! It’s cooked well, and has the cheesy creamy result I love in a good risotto.
SO I like to make flavored rice in my instant pot, it’s not as creamy as risotto but it tastes amazing. It’s hard to go wrong with parmesan, onions, butter and garlic though, right?
Just take me to the Parmesan Rice Risotto Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for instant pot rice, along with links to recipes that pair with risotto and get straight to this delicious parmesan risotto recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How to avoid the burn notification making this instant pot risotto
When you start any instant pot dish using the saute function I recommend using the non-stick liner to help avoid the burn notification.
And of course the key to avoiding the burn notification is to deglaze really well after you saute – add 1/2 a cup of liquid. Wine is classic but I just used some of the broth I already had ready for the dish.
The reason you only use 1/2 C instead of all the liquid is so you can SEE the bottom of the pot as you deglaze. Make sure it’s nice and “clean” with no residual food cooked on the bottom.
As long as you deglaze well you’ll avoid the burn notification. Another tip – if your adding meat to the dish using the trivit to keep the meat from sitting on the bottom of the pot will also help avoid the burn notification.
To make this Parmesan Risotto you’ll need
Instant Pot Risotto Parmesan Rice
If you love these rice-based recipes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Risotto you’ll love these other rice recipes!
And here are more Instant Pot recipes
To watch me make this Parmesan Rice Risotto and Lemon Salman in a cooking show play the video in the recipe card. There should also be a short teaser auto playing for you.
Parmesan Risotto Instant Pot recipe
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 C aborio rice or other risotto rice
- 4 C chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Press saute on the instant pot
- Add the butter, onion and garlic – stir and cook until the onion is transparent
- add the salt and pepper and rice and stir – cook until the rice is mostly clear with a small white center in each grain
- add 1/2 C broth and deglaze the inner pot
- When the bottom of the pot is clean and smooth add the rest of the broth, give it a quick stir and add the lid
- clear the saute function and pressure cook on high for 5 mins
- Quick release, open the lid and break up the rice
- Add the rest of the butter and the parmesan and stir – serve right away while it's still creamy.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020