These easy Egg Bites are an instant pot copycat version of my favorite Bacon Gruyere Starbucks sous vide egg bites. Quick, easy and totally delicious.
How I created this Bacon Gruyere Egg Bites recipe
I don’t drink coffee so I’m not much of a starbucks shopper. But a friend told me I had to try their sous vide bites… and oh my gosh – melt in your mouth perfection! Now I love sous vide and I like to use mine a lot but most of the sous vide egg bite recipes use small glass mason jars and that’s a lot of dishes…
That’s when I started hearing about “cheaters” sous vide egg bites in the instant pot – you can use easy to find molds, don’t have to worry about water getting in and ruining the bites and it only takes 7 mins (of steam time, obviously you still have pressure up and down time) vs the hour they take in the sous vide bath.
So I figured I’d give it a try. I didn’t love the results the first time – I used a blender and did “pressure cook” and the texture was just off. The next time I used a food processor and just barely pulsed everything together and then used the “steam” function on my instant pot and it was SO much better!!!
The best part is you can change up the bacon for ham, the Gruyere for any other cheese and add any other spices to really have fun with these egg bites. I make 18 at a time and enjoy them for a quick, easy and filling breakfast all week!
Just take me to the Egg Bites Instant Pot Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for making these egg bites in the instant pot, along with links to other instant pot recipes and get straight to these delicious bacon Gruyere egg bites – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Sous Vide Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
– I like to cut my bacon into strips before I fry it – I feel I get a faster, even, fry compared to frying whole slices of bacon – and I get nice even cuts that way vs the crumbs I get when I cut the bacon after cooking.
– The first time I made these I used my blender and while the bites were okay I wasn’t in love with the texture and there were no little pockets of cheese. The next time I used the food processor and just pulsed the batter together and the results were much better
– Also when I used the blender the eggs were over beaten and the bites rose too much and were miss shaped, so don’t over beat the eggs – if you do let them settle before cooking
– Don’t use the “pressure cooker” setting, make sure you use the “steam” setting. I used “pressure cooker” the first time and the egg bite texture was not as velvety as a sous vide bite would be, but the steam setting is much much closer to the perfection of sous vide!
To make these Sous Vide Egg Bites you’ll need
- Electric Pressure cooker – I have an 8 quart instant Pot
- Egg bites mold – I use two of these 9 cavity, if you have a smaller pressure cooker use the 6 cavity mold
- Food Processor
- non stick pan
Copycat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
If you love these Bacon Gruyere Egg Bites as much as I do I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Instant Pot Recipes you’ll love these other Delicious Instant Pot meals as well!
If you love Egg Heavy Recipes you’ll love these other Egg Based Dishes too!
To watch me make these Sous Vide Egg Bites in the Instant Pot play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you). You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Bacon Gruyere egg bites instant pot
- 9 slices bacon
- 10 eggs
- 1 C cottage cheese
- ½ C half n half/whipping cream
- 1 ½ C gruyere cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Chop bacon and fry until crispy (keep the grease)
- Divide into the silicone egg bite molds (I use two 9 capacity molds)
- Pour the Bacon grease into your Food processor or blender (I prefer the food processor)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until combined (you want chunks of cheese so don’t over process)
- Divide the batter into the egg bites mold
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot (I use an 8 quart)
- Place foil then the lid over the top of the Silicone egg bites and stack on top of the instant pot rack
- Lower into the instant pot and close
- Steam for 7 mins
- Natural release for 10 mins then quick release
- Place a plat on top of the mold and flip over, they should release easily!
- Enjoy right away or refrigerate and enjoy later.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020