Today is National Cupcake day – oh yeah, it’s true. Now I have a confession – I don’t really LIKE cupcakes – I’m a CAKE fan, I slice of cake with even layers of frosting through out – it’s my OCD thing I guess – a big wad of cake with a big wad of frosting – not so much – BUT they sure are pretty, right? SO when national cupcake day rolls around you just GOTTA make cupcakes, right?
I know it’s winter, and your probably not thinking about s’mores… well why not? I think about S’more desserts ALL THE TIME! Well I think about chocolate and marshmallows all the time – the graham crackers are just a way to HOLD it all… So you can go SO many directions when making S’more cupcakes – I went with a light and fluffy graham cracker cupcake filled with a soft ganache and topped with my Homemade marshmallow fluff then toasted… The kids ate up the ENTIRE BATCH in like a day – they want CRAZY over them!
So the key to filling a cupcake with ganache is to do a 1:1 ratio – so more cream less chocolate it will make it so it doesn’t set hard, but soft, so you can bite into it easily but it’s still rich! And you can go with either the Marshmallow frosting or Marshmallow fluff – both work just fine!
- 2 C flour
- 1 ½ C graham cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 C butter softened
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 C greek yogurt
- 1/2 C mayo
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 C whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and cinnamon
- Add the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed until you end up with a fine crumb
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, mayo, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined. The batter will be wet
- Bake in cupcake liners in a cupcake tray for 16-18
AND because it’s a food holiday I have even MORE cupcakes for you! YAY! this is the last month this year for our amazing group of “clebrating food” bloggers! I hope you click over and check out even more deliciousness!
New cupcake recipes from the Celebrating Food bloggers!!
- S’more Cupcakes – HERE!
- Chocolate Christmas Tree Cupcakes – Real Mom Kitchen
- Santa Hat and Holly Wreath Cupcakes – Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Churro Cupcakes – The Baker Upstairs
- 2 Ingredient Lemon Cupcakes – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Mint Chocolate Cupakes – Butter with a side of Bread
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes – Life Made Simple
More Cupcakes from ME!
Even more cupcake recipes from some amazing food bloggers
- Monster cookie dough cupcakes – The Recipe Critic
- Biscoff Cheesecake cupcakes – Beyond Frosting
- Butterfinger cupcakes – Love Life and Sugar
- Pink Velvet raspberry cupcakes – Sweet C’s Design