Soft and chewy as the melted chocolate chips it’s made with, this soft chocolate chip cookie recipe is worthy of their name. Say hello to any new neighbors with this gift, or treat someone who deserves it!
How I found this Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
So people are scared to bring me food. They know I love to bake and cook and it makes them nervous to have me eat anything they make.
But there are times when it’s really nice to get food delivered, like when I’m sick, or too busy to cook or when new neighbors come to introduce themselves!
That’s where this recipe came from – a new neighbor brought cookies around to introduce themselves and I have to say they were really god cookies!
A few months later, after someone told them what I do for a living, they came up to me and apologized for bringing me cookies. WHAT! NEVER apologize for bringing someone food!
It’s thoughtful, kind, and no matter how much I bake and cook I LOVE food and love people sharing food they love with me.
So of course I asked them for the recipe and I think in the last 6 months we’ve made 14 batches (we used this recipe for a science experiment).
Seriously and easy and delicious recipe, I prefer fluffy cookies to super flat and these totally fit the bill for a quick, not too sweet, dessert!
Just take me to the Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for soft chocolate chip cookies, along with links to other cookie recipes and get straight to this delicious cookie recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Softest Chocolate Chip Cookie
- I like to use Trader Joe’s chocolate chips because they melt beautifully and stay soft and melty for longer. Also their chocolate is very high quality for a great price.
- I don’t add all the chocolate chips to the batter – I keep a few aside to add to the top of the dough balls after scooping. This way there are clean chips on top of the cookies.
- The first batch I bake for 9 mins, then every batch after that I cut off a min because the pan is already hot.
- I use 2 sheets of parchment and rotate between them. I load up the one I’m not using so when one tray is done I can slide it onto the cooling rack and quickly slide the new parchment (with dough) onto the hot tray and go straight into the oven.
To make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe you’ll need
- A with whisks and cookie paddles, like my Bosch!
- Cookie sheet
- parchment paper or silpat mat
- Cooling rack
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you love these soft chocolate chip cookies as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies you’ll love these other cookie recipes!
Sugar Cookie | Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies | Peanut Butter Cookie
Vanilla Bean Danish Butter Cookie | Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans | Vampire Bite Sugar Cookies
To watch me make these soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you). You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat to 375
- Cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until just incorporated
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Bake 8-9 mins
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Leave a Reply