My parents aren’t into cooking and baking like I am (Don’t get me wrong, I grew up with great food, they just don’t love it the way I do.). But there was this one really special thing I grew up with. My dad’s Chocolate chip cookies. My mom loves good cookies, and so my dad set out to make a great cookie.
I was very young when the final cookie made it’s debut so I don’t remember the trial and errors, but I remember the final recipe! My mom doesn’t even eat the cookies anymore, just straight dough. Since my folks are empty nesters my dad doesn’t make the cookies anymore (what’s the point of having a whole batch for just 1 person (he doesn’t eat them!). So when my mom comes to visit I always make a batch special just for her.
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 C butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tsp vanilla
- 2 C ground oatmeal don't use Quick oats I grind up 3 cups down to 2
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz Chocolate chips
- macadamia nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 360.
- In your mixer with cookie paddles blend the sugars
- Beat in the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- Add the vanilla and beat.
- Add the ground oats, flour, soda, powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Then add the chocolate chips and nuts and bland.
- Bake at 360 for 8-10 mins
For variety sometimes I add cocoa and use peanut butter chips, or add ground coconut, but while these are sometimes nice changes my favorite will always be the original.Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.