This vampire bite sugar cookie is made with vanilla sugar and raspberry jam, and the result is a treat you just can’t wait to sink your teeth into!
How I created this Spooky Sugar Cookie Recipe
Halloween is JUST around the corner! And THIS year I’m even more excited about Halloween because I’ve been in the Halloween Spirit since June because of filming for the Halloween Baking Championship! So Halloween has taken on a more importance in my life than it ever had before.
VAMPIRE cookies! Thin layers of sugar cookies filled with raspberry jelly with holes, aka “teeth marks” cut into them. Super simple, fast and of course delicious.
Because Halloween is for my kids we like to keep it cute and fun, so these totally fit the bill. Somewhat bloody but mostly just cute and tasty.
These seriously baked up so pretty and so easy. The kids loved helping with these, especially adding the vampire “blood”.
I love the sweet vanilla crunch on these cookies from the vanilla sugar – you can leave it off (as I did the first time I made them, but they weren’t quite sweet enough for me – the thus the sugar…
Just take me to the Vampire Bite Halloween Cookies already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for these spooky sugar cookies, along with links to other sugar cookie recipes and get straight to this delicious vampire cookie – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Vampire Bite Cookie
-Roll your cookie dough between two sheets of parchment paper to prevent them from sticking to the rolling pin and tearing (we’re going to be rolling them very thin so they’ll be very delicate)
-Don’t roll the dough as thin as you want it the first time, because after cutting it we’re going to roll it out a little more.
-By cutting the cookie dough again after assembling the two halves we seal the cookie together!
Vampire Bite Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe
If you love these vampire cookies as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love these spooky sugar cookies you’ll love these other cookie recipes!
To watch me make these Halloween cookies play the video in the recipe card.
Vampire sugar cookies
- 3 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- Seedless Raspberry Jelly
- vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder together.
- In another bowl beat the Butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and sour cream
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Divide into 4 flat disks, wrap in wax paper and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Roll out the dough between parchment paper, thinner than normal, less than 1/4 of an inch
- Cut out your circles and spread out the circles just a little bit, then roll them out as evenly as you can until they are about 1/8th of an inch (a little more is okay)
- Dab a small amt of the jelly in the center of half the circles, then top each jelly circle with one of the plain circles.
- Now cut the cookies one more time to seal the two layers together
- sprinkle the vanilla sugar on the top to add a sweet crunch
- Using a toothpick break through JUST the top layer into the jelly twice to create you teeth marks
- bake 12-15 mins, until just slightly golden on the edges
- let cool then add a little extra jelly “dripping” from the teeth marks