This is actually a recipe I grew up with! My Grandpa’s hot fudge. My Grandma is a very smart woman, anytime Grandpa fell in love with a recipe and asked for it often she taught him how to make it himself! Now there are a few family recipes known as “grandpa’s” because they have become his specialties, not because he created them!
I love this sauce. When I was rooming with my Aunt we’d make a triple batch every few months and we loved ending our evenings sharing our days over ice cream and hot fudge. You might think as a cake decorator that cake would be my favorite dessert, but it’s all about the Ice cream for me! I like cake WITH my ice cream, but without ice cream I usually don’t bother with cake!
Don’t miss out on the Caramel Sauce as well! It’s divine! I use this hot fudge sauce to flavor my ice cream (I prefer its fudge flavor over just melted chocolate sometimes) and top my Peanut butter cup cheesecake with it as well!
I make a triple batch every other month! Yes, I eat a lot of ice cream with my cake scraps, cazookies and brownies… It’s super easy to make, and only personal error (forgot a bout a batch and burned it) will mess this up. I also use this chocolate sauce to make my easy chocolate ice cream, I love the hot fudge flavoring in my ice cream rather than plain melted chocolate.
Hot Fudge Chocolate Sauce
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Add the syrup, butter and milk and heat on medium high, stirring until it's all incorporated.
- Then bring to a boil and let boil cor 2 1/2 mins.
- Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve warm, Store in the refrigerator. Good for 6 months (if it lasts that long)
This is another one of my neighbor gifts! I make a HUGE batch, put them in small jars, add a label and done! I love recipes that can be made small or large easily. When do you take your neighbor gifts around? We usually take ours the Sunday before Christmas. But is that too late? Do you take the same thing every year or mix it up?
Neighbor gifts and goodie plate recipes
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020