Soft and fluffy and delicious pumpkin cupcakes with a delicious cream cheese frosting. And Decorating these pumpkin cupcakes is super easy too!
How I created this Pumpkin Cupcake
This recipe is soft, fluffy and has an amazing flavor. And of course it doesn’t get much better than the best cream cheese frosting recipe ever!
During the live video I frosting the cupcakes from the center out – but frosting the rest of the cupcakes I discovered that it looks better frosting outside in (see the picture below)
Just take me to the Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for pumpkin cupcakes, along with links to other fall recipes and get straight to this delicious cupcake recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Tips to Make the Perfect Frosting Pumpkin
- After filling the piping bag twist the bag and pinch between your thum and hand to hold the twist. This way when you squeeze the frosting won’t go out the back end.
- Hold the tip perpendicular to the cupcake and starting on the outside squeeze while you move the bag. Stop squeezing before pulling away – continuing pulling away towards top center.
- Keep working outside in, overlapping each pass slightly so the center is thick and create a 3D look to your frosting pumpkin.
- And frost in the same direction, so the “point” left from you can cover when you frost the stem!
- Use a small round tip to create the stem and vines
- Use a leaf tip to add leaves!
To make these Pumpkin Cupcakes you’ll need
- Cupcake tin
- Cupcake wrappers
- Piping bags
- Orange and green gel food dye
- Frosting tips – Large round tip, small round tip and leaf tip
If you love these cupcakes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Pumpkin Cupcake Recipe you’ll love these other fall recipes!
To watch me make this cupcake recipe play the video in the recipe card. You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 7/8 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 lrg eggs
- 8 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C water
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 3-4 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- orange and green gel food dye
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- mix the wet ingredients together
- pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth and combined
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3rds full
- bake 17-19 mins, until tester comes out clean
- Let Cool
- Beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until smooth
- add the powdered sugar and mix, scraping the sides, until smooth and just the right thickness (more of less powdered sugar to get the right texture)
- Pull about 1/2 C aside and dye green
- dye the rest orange
- pipe pumpkin onto the top with a large round tip
- add small green stems, and vines and leaves
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Olaf Chocolate covered Caramel Pears - November 19, 2019
- 29 Pumpkin Recipes - November 18, 2019
- Chocolate Covered Caramel Marshmallow recipe – copycat Scotchmallows - November 16, 2019