This is the last recipe I made for the Mystery ingredient Bloggers Showcase contest. By the end of the 3 days/10 mustard recipes my family was DONE, so this has a lighter mustard flavor and they liked it okay, but I want to make it again to see if we’d all like it even better now that we’ve recovered from mustard overdose! The chicken thighs are perfect in stew.
- 2-4 pork sausages
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 6 oz mini carrot
- 4 red potatoes cut up
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 C cider
- Turn on the slow cooker to get it warm
- Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil, brown the sausage and chicken thighs on both sides. Slice the sausage and add it and the chicken to the slow cooker.
- add more oil and saute the onions and carrots. Add the flour and saute another min, stirring constantly. Add to the slow cooker with the potatoes. Add the mustard, horseradish, cumin, rosemary and cider. Stir well and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. The chicken should fall apart.
The chicken thighs are perfect in stew, they just fall apart after being in the crock pot! I like how easy it is, using the slow cooker, and how great the flavors came together! You can substitute chicken broth for the cider if you don’t want your stew to have a sweet flavor to it. Personal preference.
Latest posts by Ashlee Marie (see all)
- Frozen Princess Cake – Anna - December 9, 2019
- Wood Burning Kitchen Conversion Chart Cutting Board – Homemade Cricut Stencil - December 7, 2019
- Frozen 2 Anna Princess Cake Video Tutorial - November 30, 2019