This post was sponsored by Cans Get You Cooking through Mom It Forward. Although I was compensated for my time, all opinions are 100% mine.
I didn’t like chili growing up, it’s funny how many of my favorite dishes now I didn’t like as a kid. But this beef chili is one of my favorites as an adult. I love how EASY it is to make, the great flavor and did I mention easy?
The secret to how easy this dish is? It’s the canned beans and tomatoes. I love cooking with canned food, cause it makes dinner fast, and still healthy (all those nutrients are locked in so you don’t have to worry about your family getting everything they need in a meal)!
These are can’s I always have on hand so I can make this chili recipe anytime. Start to finish this recipe takes just over an hour, using dried beans it would take at least 3. It’s quick enough that when I get a call that a neighbor needs a meal I can throw this together and deliver it in no time at all.
Easy Beef Chili
Beef chili seasoning - equal to 2 packets
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 46 oz Tomato Juice
- 56 oz Crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 30 oz canned kidney beans
- 30 oz canned pinto beans
- 15 oz canned black beans
- 15 oz canned white beans
- mix the spices together for the flavoring - set aside
- In a big pot over medium/high heat brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper
- add the tomato juice, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes.
- Mix in the spices
- Drain and rinse the beans and add them to pot.
- bring to a simmer and turn down to low and continue to simmer for 1 hour
- serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and corn chips (I like fritos) and a side of cornbread
This month, Cans Get You Cooking is getting into the mobile gaming world. They have partnered with FarmVille 2: Country Escape. The new in-game features allow you to harvest fruits and vegetables, create recipes which can then, in turn, be canned. FarmVille 2 allows you to interact with game characters to learn more about Cans Get You Cooking and the benefits of canned foods and the canning process. Can while you can, the Cans Get You Cooking gaming features can be seen from now through October 5.
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna Recipe - April 18, 2020
- Homemade White Bread Recipe - April 17, 2020
- Easter Egg Pinata Cake with Chocolate Nest – recipe and video - April 8, 2020