This post was sponsored by Cans Get You Cooking through Mom It Forward. Although I was compensated for my time, all opinions are 100% mine.
I didn’t like chili growing up, it’s funny how many of my favorite dishes now I didn’t like as a kid. But this beef chili is one of my favorites as an adult. I love how EASY it is to make, the great flavor and did I mention easy?
The secret to how easy this dish is? It’s the canned beans and tomatoes. I love cooking with canned food, cause it makes dinner fast, and still healthy (all those nutrients are locked in so you don’t have to worry about your family getting everything they need in a meal)!
These are can’s I always have on hand so I can make this chili recipe anytime. Start to finish this recipe takes just over an hour, using dried beans it would take at least 3. It’s quick enough that when I get a call that a neighbor needs a meal I can throw this together and deliver it in no time at all.
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- Chopped onion
- Chopped green pepper
- Lrg can Tomato Juice
- 2 Lrg cans crushed tomatoes
- Lrg can tomato sauce
- 2 chili seasoning packets McCormicks is my favorite
- 2 cans kidney beans or 1 Lrg can
- 2 cans pinto beans or 1 Lrg can
- 1 can or each: white and black beans
- In a big pot heat tomato juice, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes.
- In another pan brown the hamburger with the onion and green pepper
- Add the meat and veggies to the big pot.
- Mix in the chili packets.
- Drain beans and add to pot.
- Simmer for 1 hour
- serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and corn chips (I like fritos) and a side of cornbread
This month, Cans Get You Cooking is getting into the mobile gaming world. They have partnered with FarmVille 2: Country Escape. The new in-game features allow you to harvest fruits and vegetables, create recipes which can then, in turn, be canned. FarmVille 2 allows you to interact with game characters to learn more about Cans Get You Cooking and the benefits of canned foods and the canning process. Can while you can, the Cans Get You Cooking gaming features can be seen from now through October 5.Do NOT miss a single post. Subscribe to weekly recaps for Ashlee Marie by Email Some of the links in my posts may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a very small percentage.