I adore soups. Warm, comforting, filling and oh so delicious. I mean seriously veggies, meats, dairy – everything in one dish – the perfect bite. AND even better soups are so easy to make! I make soup probably once a week, so I have a ton of soup recipes to change things up often.
So when we decided to celebrate National Soup Month I knew just which soup to share – my one pot Loaded Baked Potato soup! I mean who doesn’t loved loaded baked potato and in soup form? YUM! I’m just a little obsessed with this one!
But let’s face it – anything made with bacon and bacon grease is bound to be good, right? after you cook the bacon you cook the potatoes and the onions in the grease left – YUM! Seriously so good! Then you not only stir in more onions, sour cream, cheese and of course bacon but you can also top each bowl with more to personalize it!
I think this might be my favorite month of “Celebrating Food” so far! Look how AMAZING all these soups look! I can’t wait to try some of them and add them to my rotation. We have a few new food bloggers you won’t want to miss so click over and check out each of their new recipes!
One Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 large potatoes - peeled and diced
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 3/4 C butter
- 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 5 C whole milk
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 C full fat sour cream
- in a large pot cook the bacon - when it's done pull it out, and cut into strips
- Add the butter to the pot with the bacon grease and melt it
- add the onion, garlic and potatoes and cook slightly
- add the flour, salt and pepper and stir - cooking the flour slightly
- add the chicken broth, milk and cream and bring to a boil
- turn the heat down and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through
- add the cheese and stir
- add the sour cream, the bacon and the green onions and stir
- serve with more cheese, bacon and green onions
Happy National Soup Day! Here are 13 new recipes for you to enjoy from our Celebrating Food Bloggers!
- Loaded Baked Potato soup – Ashlee Marie
- Turkey Meatball Pho – Foodie with Family
- slow cooker chili with dried pinto beans and sausage – 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup – Creations by Kara
- Italian Spinach and Orzo Soup – Real Mom Kitchen
- Vegan Cheeseburger Soup – Namely Marly
- Creamy Tortellini and Sausage Soup – Baking with Blondie
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Yellow Bliss Road
- Curried Chicken Noodle Soup – Life Made Simple
- Bacon Clam Chowder – The Baker Upstairs
- Brunswick Stew – Hey Grill, hey
- Cheesy Lasagna Soup – Gather for Bread
- Instant Pot Skinny Beef Soup – Sweet C’s
8 More Soup Recipes from me!
- Clam Chowder
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Creamy Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Creamy Mushroom soup
- Coconut Curry Pumpkin Soup
- Chicken and Sausage mustard stew
- Easy Beef Chili
6 More soup recipes from more amazing food bloggers!
- Pasta E Fagoli soup – The Recipe Critic (this is my son’s favorite soup – I use this recipe all the time)
- Creamy tomato soup – Our Best Bites (one of my all time favorites – I have been making my own take on this recipe for years)
- Zuppa Toscana – The Chunky Chef (I’ve made this 3 times and seriously LOVE IT)
- Creamy White Chicken Chili – The Cookie Rookie (my white chicken chili is crazy spicy, this is more tame and my kids loved it)
- Dill Pickle Soup – The Noble Pig (haven’t been able to bring myself to try it but it has RAVE reviews)
- Lobster Bisque – Sweet and Savory (always wanted to try – haven’t yet)