We love salmon, my kids could finish off an entire 15 lbs filet themselves! We have a few different ways we like to cook it, but this lemon herb salmon is far and away our favorite! Do you have a favorite way to make salmon?
The trick to all fish is not to over cook it. There are a few different rules people use. 10 mins for each inch (so a 2 inch thick filet will cook for 20 mins) or 15 mins per lbs (so 30 mins for 2 lbs). The filets we get at Costco are a bit harder because the tail is so much thinner. Usually I cook it long enough to cook the tail, put it out for the kids, then throw it in for a bit longer and save the thicker side for my husband and I!
- 2 lbs fresh salmon filet
- 6 lemons sliced
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tsp garlic crushed
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground celery seed
- preheat your oven to 350.
- mix the garlic, salt, pepper and herbs together.
- lay down foil on a cookie sheet, and place sliced lemons on top.
- Clean the salmon in cold water, pat dry with a paper towel. rub the butter all over both sides then spread the herb mixture evenly on both sides(but not too much).
- Place the salmon on the lemons, then cover it with the rest of the lemons.
- place another piece of foil on top and seal the foil together.
- bake for 10 mins for each inch (so a 2 inch thick filet will cook for 20 mins) or 15 mins per lbs (so 30 mins for 2 lbs).
We like to serve ours with my parmesan rice, but there are tons of sides that are great with fish! Roasted potatoes are already great too, Do you have a favorite side with Salmon you like to serve?