We love salmon, like LOVE salmon! and we have it so often it’s easy to get sick of the “same old same old” so I like to switch things up and try new things! We also love food from ALL over the world, ESP spicy food…
And so I give you Cajun Salmon… like SUPER spicy! SOOOOOO hot (is it wrong that I think in movie lines? like the inflections and voice? this one is Adam Sandler in my head “Soooooo hot…”, ANYWAY) this is clean-your-sinuses spicy.
The GOOD news – you can just cut back on the spices cut it in half or just cut the super strong ones. AND even better? The rice, while flavorful, isn’t super spicy, a nice sublte flavor. AND even better? The lemon aioli is creamy and cooling and the perfect balance for the spice. The spice sensitive Princess lathered her’s with the aioli, while I just added a touch.
Cajun Salmon with Lemon Aioli
- 3 lbs salmon fillet skin on, boneless
- 1 Tbsp cajun or creole seasonings
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon zested, juiced
- 1/4 C Italian parsley minced
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ C Mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves pressed through garlic press
- 1 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Place salmon on oven proof pan, coat both sides with olive oil.
- Season salmon with seasoning blend, rub into salmon on both sides.
- Place salmon skin side down, top with lemon juice and zest.
- bake for 10 mins for each inch (so a 2 inch thick filet will cook for 20 mins) or 15 mins per lbs (so 30 mins for 2 lbs)
- Serve with a side of cajun rice and top with Lemon Aioli
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients, and whisk well until completely combined
- Serve over the salmon
And there you have it, flakey, spicy, DELICIOUS… AND I can’t wait to make this one again! What is YOUR favorite way to prepare Salmon?
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
A lovely, simple way to switch up the standard salmon dinner. Love the pairing of spicy and cool.
aww thx! I love love LOVE spicy so I HAVE to find a good cool sometimes 😉