We love salmon, like LOVE salmon! and we have it so often it’s easy to get sick of the “same old same old” so I like to switch things up and try new things! We also love food from ALL over the world, ESP spicy food…
And so I give you Cajun Salmon… like SUPER spicy! SOOOOOO hot (is it wrong that I think in movie lines? like the inflections and voice? this one is Adam Sandler in my head “Soooooo hot…”, ANYWAY) this is clean-your-sinuses spicy.
The GOOD news – you can just cut back on the spices cut it in half or just cut the super strong ones. AND even better? The rice, while flavorful, isn’t super spicy, a nice sublte flavor. AND even better? The lemon aioli is creamy and cooling and the perfect balance for the spice. The spice sensitive Princess lathered her’s with the aioli, while I just added a touch.
Cajun Salmon with Lemon AioliPrint Pin Rate
- 1 salmon fillet skin on, boneless
- 1 Tbsp cajun or creole seasonings
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 lemon zested, juiced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves pressed through garlic press
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix seasoning blend together.
- Rinse salmon, pat dry.
- Place salmon on oven proof pan, coat both sides with olive oil.
- Season salmon with seasoning blend, rub into salmon on both sides.
- Place salmon skin side down, top with lemon juice and zest.
- bake for 10 mins for each inch (so a 2 inch thick filet will cook for 20 mins) or 15 mins per lbs (so 30 mins for 2 lbs)
- Serve with a side of cajun rice and top with Lemon Aioli
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients, and whisk well until completely combined
- Serve over the salmon
And there you have it, flakey, spicy, DELICIOUS… AND I can’t wait to make this one again! What is YOUR favorite way to prepare Salmon?