We love cookies at our house, and cookie sandwiches are like every child’s favorite thing, right? These homemade oreos are chocolaty, sweet and with cream cheese filling the taste is amazing.
How I created this copycat Recipe
As a kid I love taking apart oreos and stacking all the lard filling together and eating a big pile of it. Now I can’t even handle regular oreos (I go for the thins).
So I figured I needed to make a homemade version I’d love. Crunchy (I’m going through a crunching craving phrase right now!), chocolaty, not overly sweet, perfect for snacking on.
And for the filling? Cream cheese frosting – much better tasting for my adult taste buds!
These are VERY crunchy the first day, but after sitting with the cream cheese in them they soften up quite a bit. SO if you like crunchy wait to frost them until you serve them.
I’ll keep a few cookies and a little frosting aside just for me. But if you like the softer side then frost them, leave them overnight and enjoy the next day.
I like them cold, straight out of the fridge, it keeps the frosting a little stiff and they are so good!
If you love these cookie recipes as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you love Homemade Oreos you’ll love these other cookie recipes!
To watch me make these Homemade Oreos play the live holiday cookies video in the recipe card. If you’re on desktop, a teaser should be auto playing for you. You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
It’s easy to make these homemade oreo cookies with a cream cheese filling! Easy and delicious!
- 2 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 12 Tbsp butter softened
- 1 1/8 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 lrg eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 C semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- Sift flour and baking soda together, set aside.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 min.
- Add the eggs and water ad beat on medium speed until blended, about 20 sec.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until blended, about 5 sec.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed for 15 sec.
- Scoop rounded tsp of batter on greased cookie sheets (or parchment paper).
- Using the bottom of a glass press each cookie.
- Bake at 350 until firm to the touch, about 15 min.
- Cool them completely on wire racks.
- Beat cheese, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread a rounded tsp of filling on the bottom of half the cookies. Then top with the remaining cookies. Allow them to set for 2-3 hours in the refrigerators.