The main dish in my yearly birthday meal! My mom made it every year when I was growing up and now I make them every year! They are super easy to make and the most delicious thing you’ll ever make, promise. Everyone who tries these loves them.
The secret is the butter. Lot and lots of butter, and then some more butter… Your going to fry the chicken in butter and it’s going to be AMAZING, I promise. The year we were living in Japan I was making these when my Japanese neighbor stopped by. She was horrified that I was using butter and offered to bring me oil for frying! It was sweet, but unnecessary, it’s all about the butter.
It’s super easy to over cook, if you need to take the temp down from 325 to 300 if you find that your over cooking them. When they are ready to flip they’ll be stiff enough to flip, but be careful still, if your too rough with them you’ll take the breading off. I will pick the biggest one and cut it open to test it when I’ think they are ready.
To complete the dinner I serve it with fresh rolls, spinach salad, cauliflower broccoli and cheese sauce and a baked potato. All my favorites! I love making full meals with lots of components, but they do take time so I don’t make them every often, but OH so worth it.
this breaded chicken is super easy to make and tastes amazing. My favorite dinner and the one I have for my own birthday dinner every year.
- 6 chicken breasts cut in strips
- 7-8 lrg eggs
- 12 slices Multi-grain bread
- 2 cups Butter
- Beat the eggs
- Marinate chicken in beat up eggs overnight
- Heat up a few cubes of butter in an electric skillet at 325 degrees.
- Grind the bread in your food processor or blender to create breading for the chicken
- Pull out the chicken and dip it in the fresh crumbs
- Cook in the butter, flipping once, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- But don't OVER cook, you don't want dry chicken. It takes a bit of practice and knowing where the hot spots are, don't be afraid to move the chicken around in the pan.
- When I think I'm don't I cut one open to test it, then pull the rest out.
- Place them on a plate covered in paper towels to drain them a bit before serving.
MY BIRTHDAY DINNER RECIPES