This recipe is another one from my big birthday dinner! It’s no surprise I love this cheesey dish, I have a love of dairy and cheese that doesn’t mix well with my lactose issues. But I eat it all anyway! I don’t really eat a ton of veggies but I love cauliflower and broccoli and add some cheese on top? Winner winner!
In fact my plate probably looks a bit “have a little veggie with your cheese”, but I’ve never been about a well balanced meal so I’m okay with it. In fact my FAVORITE thing to do? take the extra cheese and eat in on top of my homemade breaded chicken tenders (recipe coming). Mmmmmm Wish I had more RIGHT NOW!
Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 C whole milk
- 16 oz pkg Velvetta cubed
- 1-2 heads cauliflower
- 4-6 broccoli
- In a small-med saucepan melt the butter over med/low heat
- add the flour and stir to a smooth paste
- Add the milk and stir until combined, keep cooking on med low and stiring and it will thicken
- once it's started to thicken add the cubed velvetta
- keep stirring occationally until melted
- Clean your veggies and cut off the stem
- put in steamer over boiling water about 15 mins, until you can stab easily with a fork
- serve the cheese sauce over steamed cauliflower and broccoli
MY BIRTHDAY DINNER RECIPES
[riview showtitle=always tags=birthday-dinner size=150x150 lightbox=0]
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Leave a Reply