This salad is a family favorite at our house. It’s actually one of the only salad’s I’ll eat! My husband (the veggie eater in this relationship) loves it, of course. In fact all the kids like it, although The Reader requests it the most.
In fact we’ve been known to BRIBE her with it. “If you eat your …(insert something not nearly as good for her here)… you can have more salad”. True! The spinach salad itself is easy to layer and prepare and the home made vinaigrette dressing really makes it!
Spinach Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- 9-10 oz baby spinach
- 6 lrg hard boiled eggs sliced
- 3 oz bacon bits
- 1 C slivered almonds
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp red onion about a ¼ of an onion
- ¾ C white vinegar I've also used rice vinegar and it works well
- 1 C olive oil you can use vegetable oil if you'd rather
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Dried mustard
- 1 ½ tsp poppy seeds
- Start with a layer of Spinach
- Then layer eggs, bacon bits, almonds and cheese, repeat over and over again until you reach the top
- puree all ingredients, except the poppy seeds, in food processoror blender until it's well blended and you don't see any flecks of red onion.
- Then add the poppy seeds, give it a short mix
- Serve over salad, refrigerate any extra and stir before using again