A simple and impressive 5 tiered Angry Birds cake perfect for any Angry Birds party!
Why I made this Angry Bird Cake
When I first start talking about birthday party themes with my kids we start with the cake design. So when Paul wanted an angry bird party it’s the first thing we decided on.
Lego boy drew this design out himself! He wanted each tier to be a different bird. I wish I still had the sketch to show you, it was so cute!
Originally he wanted EVERY bird from the game on different tiers, but there are way too many birds now and that cake would be way too big!
So we cut it down to the original five birds! These tier sizes are 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 inches. I had SO much fun making each layer.
The best news is this cake is SUPER simple to make. I recommend using cake dummies for the layers you don’t need for serving so you can still get the great look of a 5 tiered cake without all the cake!
I started with the thin, small details for each bird, the red under eye are on The Blues, the cheek spots on Red, the grey eye circles on Bomb and the cheeks on Matilda.
Then I cut out the eyes for each bird by hand and then their beaks (thicker this time). Then black circles for their pupils.
Finally I used my extruder to squeeze out a thin black fondant rope and placed it around all the details. You could also do the black first as a full layer, then just add the eyes and beaks over the top it would create a fun 3D effect too.
Just take me to the instructions already!
If you’d rather skip my tips and tricks for a fondant Angry Bird cake, along with links to other themed cake recipes and get straight to this delicious chocolate – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
To make this cake you’ll need
- Fondant – I like Satin Ice – I used white, black, red, blue and yellow.
- fondant smoothers
- fondant mat
- fondant rolling pin
- duster – I use a mix of powdered sugar and corn starch
- sharp knife
- extruder – I use this clay extruder, but only use it for fondant.
- cake dummies – I like the 4 inch tall dummies.
Angry Bird Cake
If you love this Angry Bird cake as much as I do, I’d love a 5 star review. Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! If you want to stay updated on new recipes sign up for my newsletter and join my Facebook Group!
If you loved this Angry Bird Cake you’ll love these other cakes!
Lemon Raspberry Cake | Carved Mason Jar Cake | S’more Peanut Butter Cookie Cake
Doctor Strange Cake | Jack O’Lantern Mickey Mouse | Pokemon Go Cake
To watch me make this Angry Birds Cake play the video in the recipe card (if you’re on desktop, it should be auto playing for you). You can find all my cooking show style recipe videos on YouTube, or my short recipe videos on Facebook Watch, or my Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Angry Birds Cake Tutorial
This 5 tiered fondant cake is super simple to make and perfect for any Angry Birds party! Use cake dummies for the layers you don't need for serving to make it even easier!
- Cake dummies or cakes - I used 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 inch cakes all 4 inches tall - here is my chocolate cake!
- Fondant - black, white, yellow, red and blue - I like satin ice
- Fondant mat
- fondant rolling pin
- Fondant smoothers
- sharp knife
- brush and fondant glue
- extruder https://amzn.to/2KIDKt9
- Start by baking any cakes you'll need
- let them cool and frost them with some ganache.
- Cover the cake dummies and cake with fondant - white for Matilda, Black for Bomb, Yellow for Chuck, Red for Red and Blue for the Blues.
- roll out the thick background colors, light yellow for Matilda's under eyes, grey for bomb, red for the blues, dark read for Red - hand cut the circles and lay them on
- then color some yellow fondant with a touch of red fondant to make it just a little darker and cut out all the beaks
- roll out some white and cut out all the eyes
- roll out some black fondant and cut out the pupils
- mix some black fondant with some shortening and extrude out thin fondant ropes and
- attach the rope around all the eyes and beaks
- add the eyebrows - back for matilda and red, red for bomb and chuck!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER!
Become an insider and receive this FREE Maple Icing Recipe (not seen on the blog!)
Hi my name is Agustin I’m interested in the angry bird cake above I wanted to know how much would it be ?
are you local to Salt Lake City? You can see my prices here, it all depends on the size your looking for. http://ashleemariecakes.com/pricing/